View Full Version : hx4705 Memory upgrade

nitestrike
02-18-2006, 06:25 PM
I am comntemplating upgrading the memory from 64MB to 128MB, but is that going to help Windows Mobile 5 upgrade? I am not to sure from what I've ready about the new way that WM5 works?

Edgar_
02-18-2006, 06:36 PM
I have the PPCTechs 128Mb upgrade on my HX4700. I can say it makes a WORLD of difference in 2003SE. Well worth the upgrade.

I can only assume it makes a difference because it still provides more program memory.

Perhaps PPCTechs has already studied this? Try emailing their sales Dept, they seem responsive.

-Edgar

nitestrike
02-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the quick response. My biggest dilemma is if I should spend the money on upgrades; battery, OS, and Memory, or if I should just use that money for a new device. The last few months I've been leaning towards getting a LOOX this time around. With the changes made at HP, I think I might stick out a little and see what new is coming down the pipe.

Edgar_
02-19-2006, 01:04 AM
What are you looking for that a 128M HX4700 won't give?

I think the only problem I ever had was memory utilization, and that's moot now. The screen rocks, I have no BT/WiFi problems and I can load a boat load of stuff in memory.

With the 2Gb SD and the 2Gb CF paired with my GlobalSat 338 BT GPS I'm happy as a clam. I guess a built in EDGE/UMTS but I tether it to my SP - so no biggie.