View Full Version : Need Help - ActiveSync 101

axjax
02-17-2006, 10:59 PM
Hey Guys/Gals...

I've used AS for a couple of years with my Casio E105 and then with my iPaq 3970 and it always seemed to just work just fine for me so I never really delved into it.

Now I have a one-week old Dell Axim X51v and generally speaking I really like it, but I'm having some hiccups with sync'ing. I have to sync with two machines; my ThinkPad running WXPP at home, and here at work, a Compaq Desktop runing W2KPro.

I believe I have installed AS 4.1 properly, but for some strange reason, I can't sync all the categories as they are grey'd out. All I can sync is "Favorites", so when I added a new contact this afternoon on the desktop, it has not appeared on my PDA. I tried re-booting the desktop, but nothing changed.

What I need is a quick, down, and dirty tutorial on how to set up AS on both these PCs plus the Axim so I can share data. My Axim already has been upped to ROM A06, and I performed the "Fake Server" trick so that the little beast won't light up and try to sync every 5 minutes.

If anyone here can help me out, I'd really appreciate it whether it's pointing to a URL for a ActiveSync 101 crash course or maybe you can give me a quick answer of some sort.

Thanks in advance for the help! :D

AxJax