View Full Version : VZW network

jalm1
02-16-2006, 04:27 AM
I am considering switching from cingular to verizon to get the treo, and i am just wondering if anyone has any comments about their network and how they are (never been with them). i know they cover my area quite well (Metro DC) and have the broadband access here, witch would be nice with the treo) but i dont know if i want to give up cingular for verizon or wait untill cingualr will get the phone. does cinguar have much of a deployed 3G or high speed data network? Thanks.

setec
02-27-2006, 08:32 AM
I live in PA about two hours from Philadelphia. Verizon had EVDO in Philadelphia and it spills out to the cities around it. The edge of their EVDO around the King of Prussia mall is around 200-300 kbps.

Where I live, the EVDO is not present, so I am on the 1xRTT network. I had Nextel/Sprint previously and that was 21kbps download. On Verizon I have 88kbps download. So, its not too bad.

If you live in an EVDO area, your going to love it. When I goto the Apple Store in King of Prussia, I enjoy the blazingly fast speed for such a small device.

Hope that helps a bit.