View Full Version : Sprint 6700 & wireless synching

syndalis
02-15-2006, 08:21 PM
Is there any way to get the sprint 6700 to sync while on the road? I know that Activesync is out, but verizon offers some form of wireless email sync, and was wondering if Sprint has a matching solution.

If not, what is the best practice for someone who wants to be able to bring their email functionality on the road with them, recieve AND send mail, and not have a cluttered mailbox at the end of an activesync?

purefusion
02-22-2006, 09:13 PM
There's supposed to be a capability to set up a Microsoft Exchange server account to sync wirelessly, but one of the tech guys at Sprint said it couldn't be done on Sprint's version. I hope he's wrong. Has anyone set up an Exchange account on Sprint's 6700?

If so, how did you accomplish the feat?

DJ E-Bam
02-22-2006, 09:31 PM
I use ActiveSYnc on my phone to connect to my Exchange server. It also has the ability to pseudo-push/pull like Blackberrys by sending you phone an SMS message when a new item arrives. The text message initiates a sync to download the new Outlook item(s).

But remember, the Exchange server has to be configured with OMA and Mobile ActiveSync. Not many companies have done this.

If you want to know the ins and outs of the PPC-6700 or XV6700, you should check out http://www.ppc6700users.com. They have TONS of hacks, tips....all kinds of stuff.

syndalis
02-22-2006, 10:40 PM
I use ActiveSYnc on my phone to connect to my Exchange server. It also has the ability to pseudo-push/pull like Blackberrys by sending you phone an SMS message when a new item arrives. The text message initiates a sync to download the new Outlook item(s).

But remember, the Exchange server has to be configured with OMA and Mobile ActiveSync. Not many companies have done this.

If you want to know the ins and outs of the PPC-6700 or XV6700, you should check out http://www.ppc6700users.com. They have TONS of hacks, tips....all kinds of stuff.Funny you should mention that. I am the IT guy at my company, and I have set up my server w/ Exchange 2003 SP2, OMA and mobile activesync... but the push feature still isn't working. Is there a simple guide ANYWHERE that lets me see what I may be doing wrong?

purefusion
02-23-2006, 04:41 PM
DJ, is your PPC-6700 through Sprint?