View Full Version : Please, really need help!!!

dasha
02-14-2006, 11:28 PM
I really need help, i think i broke my Pocket PC, I got it as a present some time ago from my Chinese friend, he got himself a new one, and i got his old. I have know idea what model it is, the only thing i know that it is Pocket Pc, and that it is Lenovo. For some time i used it only to read books in Word, but recently from one friend i got some games for ppc, so i decided to try to install it. Another big problem that i have is that the ppc is in Chinese, so i can use some things, but mostly i have no idea what is going on...
So anyway i tried to install some games, and two of them was fine, but then some game wanted to connect to internet, and it got stuck. i tried to switch it off but it didn't work so i pushed reset button at the back and something really strange happened, usually it just reboots but this time it started to go in some circle, it kept rebooting without stop, it comes to main screen and and reboots again, no matter what i press. after trying to stop this for about half an hour, i reset it completely, which i never have done before. i got blue screen on which says Microsoft Windows Powered Pocket PC and some Chinese, after i touch screen it goes white with red stripe on top, plus in the middle and many Chinese sings, friend told me that i have to go some circle motions to make the plus move and then everything will work, but it doesn't , the plus keeps jumping around the screen, but nothing happens, it goes no more. i tried restarting/resetting/rebooting but i always end up on this screen. I described all this so long, so maybe somebody will recognise this, and will be able to help me, i'm really not good in all this stuff, and the Chinese really makes me fell hopeless. PLEASE ANYBODY WHO CAN - HELP!!!

burtcom
02-15-2006, 12:08 AM
It seems to me that what you're seeing is the screen-alignment window.

Carefully touch the center of the cross-hair (or plus sign) with the stylus. It should move to a different spot -- you should then touch it again. It should do this five times - once in the center of the screen, then once near each corner.

When this is done it should proceed to other set-up screens, asking you to set the time zone, etc.

dasha
02-15-2006, 12:36 AM
Thank you very much, but i've tried it already, and it doesn't seam to work, after the plus sign jumps just the way you described, it does not proceed anywhere, the screen stays the same, i can do the procedure many times but it still stays the same. Maybe you have more suggestions? Please....

Darius Wey
02-15-2006, 05:42 AM
Considering everything you've said, it's likely that your PDA is faulty. If you're constantly seeing the alignment screen after multiple calibration attempts (i.e. tapping the crosses), then your touchscreen may be failing.