View Full Version : Upgrading Windows Mobile 2003 to 5

BazGibb
02-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Hi there - this is my first post so please go easy on me! Just bought second hand 02 XDA II off ebay which comes with Windows Mobile 2003 Phone Edition. Its hopefully only going to be a stop gap until I can afford a newer model, but in the mean time, can these devices be upgraded software wise to version 5?
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
Baz

Darius Wey
02-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts.

Unfortunately, there is no official Windows Mobile 5.0 upgrade available for the XDA II. Some people might point you to unofficial upgrades, but do note they're not supported by O2, they'll void your warranty, and they're often riddled with bugs. We also don't encourage people to link to such upgrades from this site as it's a violation of just about every T&C in the book.

marathon332
02-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Even if an upgrade was available, I wouldn't recommend it just yet.

The message boards are full of people who are having issues with WM5.

It's a great OS but not all the bugs are worked out. Wait for a few more months until they have some upgrades/patches issued for it.

--Steve

pocketpcadmirer
02-14-2006, 08:55 AM
As Darius said, your flashing with unofficial ROM voids your warrenty.

It's a great OS but not all the bugs are worked out. Wait for a few more months until they have some upgrades/patches issued for it.

Yes, there are bugs,but, there are also many people who are happy with the WM5(latest unofficial ROM) on their himalayas(XDA O2)

Sunny