View Full Version : Adding speakers to dell axim x5

robtash
02-11-2006, 01:58 AM
Hi folks, does anyone, or has anyone know or added speakers to their pda to listen to dvd's through rather than the pda's own speaker, as the sound through this is dreadful. I have thought about headphones but would like spaekers to listen to in the car. Any suggstions and I'd love to hear them. :D

pocketpcadmirer
02-11-2006, 10:21 AM
This is what I did, when my dad gave me his car to go to college..

There are two ways to do it..

(a) Get a casette to CD-player adapter. Then just plug-in the output cable to your PDA's headphone jack. You are done. They generally cost <$10

(b) See if your car's stereo supports audio out. If yes, you're lucky. Most of the SONY's stereo system have audio out. Just get a audio in-out cable and plug it in to the car's audio output and other one into your PDA

Hope that helps

Sunny :D

robtash
02-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Thanks, I'll try them and see which one works for me. :lol:

Sven Johannsen
02-11-2006, 04:04 PM
(b) See if your car's stereo supports audio out. If yes, you're lucky. Don't you mean audio IN on the car stereo? usually called Aux IN and looks like a 3mm headphone jack on the front.

pocketpcadmirer
02-12-2006, 08:08 AM
(b) See if your car's stereo supports audio out. If yes, you're lucky. Don't you mean audio IN on the car stereo? usually called Aux IN and looks like a 3mm headphone jack on the front.

Well, audio in is there in every stereo. I had a SONY stereo and it came with audio out too.

Once, I parked the car outside my college and a theif took it away.
Then, I bought a mp3/WMA stereo for my car made by JMC and it doesnt have audio out. But, it can play CDs :D . It costed me only $80 !!

Sunny