View Full Version : Resco Explorer 2005 + Today Plugin Installed on Storage Card?

myuser
02-09-2006, 05:49 PM
My new device (an HP 6315) recently hard reset itself. It had become so cluttered with my trial software that I hadn't even been backing it up regularly. I want to set it up one last time with as little software as possible, and I want to install everything I can to the storage card.

So, is it possible to install resco explorer with the today plugin on the storage card with no issues?

Jacob
02-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Resco explorer should work from the storage card.

Generally it's recommended that today screen apps get installed to main memory since it can be loaded faster and sometimes it just doesn't load properly unless the app is designed to work from the storage card.

myuser
02-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Resco explorer should work from the storage card.

Generally it's recommended that today screen apps get installed to main memory since it can be loaded faster and sometimes it just doesn't load properly unless the app is designed to work from the storage card.

Thanks for responding. That's my understanding as well. Are you familiar with the program? Would it be possible, do you think, to install explorer in one directory and the today plugin in another?

myuser
02-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Well, it seems to be working fine off of the storage card. If soft resets work properly, is there anything else I should worry about? Do Today plugins behave erratically coming out of suspend/powering on (without a reset) if they're on a storage card? Voice Command off a storage card fails after powering on without a reset.

Jacob
02-09-2006, 09:32 PM
I'm honestly not sure. To install one on the storage card and the other in main memory, I think that would have to be handled by Resco in their installer. If you can't install them via activesync seperately at least then I think you might be out of luck.

I think that if you can soft reset and have the today app come up without a problem then you should be okay. You could email their support and ask them if they designed the software for that?