View Full Version : What's the diffrence between rx1950 and rx1955 and do you advice me to buy it?

Angry Coder
02-07-2006, 09:37 PM
Hello,

I am considering buying HP iPaq rx, but I am wondering what's the diffrence between rx1950 and rx1955?

And what do you think of it? Do you advise to to buy the devise? :D

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Nurhisham Hussein
02-08-2006, 01:18 AM
First, there's no difference between the rx1955 and the rx1950 - the difference in numbering is purely HP's way of differentiating between business and retail sales channels.

As for whether it's worth it - the consensus seems to be "No, its not".

friedshrimp
02-08-2006, 07:25 PM
And what do you think of it? Do you advise to to buy the devise?

It depends on what you want to do with it. I own a 1955 (Christmas present) and I can have about 4-5 programs open at the same time without too much problem (Mortplayer, Theme King, ActiveSync, and Notepad and have 5.7meg Ram available). You need to look at what programs you want to run and the size of the files you want to run with it. I cannot run Adobe Reader and view a Stars & Stripes Newspaper because that would need 17 meg Ram and after normal softboot you normally have about 11 meg to play with. If I were buying one, I would probably go with the 2495 because of the extra ram. If you've never had one and are not a power user of any type, then the low cost of the 1955 and the slim profile may appeal to you. Once you decide want you want it to do, then you can decide what meets your needs! :rock on dude!:

Angry Coder
02-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Many thanks guys.