View Full Version : GPRS big icon on Today screen - for fingertip toggling

Johnny Bravo RJ
02-03-2006, 05:12 AM
Hey guys, is it possible to add a big GPRS icon on Today screen, for toggling GPRS on/off with the touch of a fingertip?
I've installed SPB GPRS Monitor, but the icon it provides on it's Today plug-in is way tooo small...
I'm using Wirespeed Program Launcher 1.1 (freeware) and I'd like to create a Today icon on it, but I don't know which file inside \Windows is responsible for the GPRS toggle.
Any hint?

My device is a ETEN M600.

Thanks!

vassiliphilippov
02-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Hi Johnny,

this feature is not supported in the current version of Spb GPRS Monitor.
But it is a good idea and we will consider it for the next version.

Vassili Philippov
Spb Software House

Johnny Bravo RJ
02-03-2006, 11:39 PM
great, vassili.
do it and i'll purchase the software right away.
please note that it will be a lot useful if it allows us to add icons for other programs - thus saving Today area space.
Eten M600 screen is small and I don't like the idea uf having a Today plugin that has only one icon that I use.

BukTop
02-05-2006, 12:12 AM
please note that it will be a lot useful if it allows us to add icons for other programs - thus saving Today area space.
Eten M600 screen is small and I don't like the idea uf having a Today plugin that has only one icon that I use.
Please note that it is possible to add icons to Spb GPRS Monitor plugin when it is a tab of Spb Pocket Plus :!:

Sincerely,
Victor Bargachev
Spb Software House

Johnny Bravo RJ
02-05-2006, 12:31 AM
Please note that it is possible to add icons to Spb GPRS Monitor plugin when it is a tab of Spb Pocket Plus :!:

Sincerely,
Victor Bargachev
Spb Software House

I know that, but...
1) I don't want to install SPB Pocket Plus - it slows down my ETEN M600;
2) SPB Pocket Plus icons show too small on my Today screen, even if I set it to show big icons.
3) It doesn't show a bigger GPRS Connect icon, even when it's a tab of SPB Pocket Plus.

BTW, the GPRS icon shown by SPB GPRS Monitor only connects. Why doesn't it function to DISconnect GPRS???

BukTop
02-06-2006, 11:19 PM
I know that, but...
1) I don't want to install SPB Pocket Plus - it slows down my ETEN M600;
2) SPB Pocket Plus icons show too small on my Today screen, even if I set it to show big icons.
3) It doesn't show a bigger GPRS Connect icon, even when it's a tab of SPB Pocket Plus.

BTW, the GPRS icon shown by SPB GPRS Monitor only connects. Why doesn't it function to DISconnect GPRS???
Spb Pocket Plus team is working on speed optimizations currently :) Big connect/disconnect icon is also a nice idea worth being implemented!

As for GPRS Montor the same icon should also disconnect GPRS. When connection is established the icon changes and big red cross appears on it. In this situation icon's action is changed to disconnect. Is there a cross in your case? Please make sure that you have the latest version of Spb GPRS Monitor (available from www.spbsoftwarehouse.com)

Johnny Bravo RJ
02-07-2006, 02:44 AM
I guess SPB Pocket Plus is not compatible with ETEN M600.
The icon never changes - it's always with the red cross on it, yet it still works to turn GPRS on. But it doesn't DISconnect GPRS. I'm using latest version.

Together with the big icon, SPB should work on making GPRS Monitor customizable when it's a tab inside Pocket Plus. The way it is now, you can't move the GPRS Connect icon to another tab. You can't even drag it to another position, nor drag other icons to that same tab. This way, it's impossible to use the no-tabs feature.

Please check (and correct) the issues with ETEN M600 and I'll surely buy both softwares.

vassiliphilippov
02-07-2006, 09:35 AM
I don't want to install SPB Pocket Plus - it slows down my ETEN M600;

Johnny,

we are finishing Spb Pocket Plus 3.1 now and we have done A LOT to make it faster. I will send you a private message with instructions how to download this beta.

Vassili Philippov
Spb Software House

Johnny Bravo RJ
02-07-2006, 12:14 PM
Very good! I'll try it out.

Johnny Bravo RJ
03-14-2006, 05:05 PM
SPB Pocket Plus Beta working fine, but...
So, Vassilli... no new beta for SPB GPRS Monitor yet?
Today plugin still doesn't work correctly on ETEN/TORQ and O2 XDA ATOM.
Any preview of a future release?