View Full Version : Your thoughts on comparison of HP iPAQ hx2795 to the iPAQ hx 4705?

scarletknight96
02-02-2006, 09:30 AM
I had my hx 4705 stolen. I need a replacement PDA that has the functionality of a mp3 and a laptop. That's how I used my hx 4705 and it lived up to the expection and beyond. However, given the fact that this unit (hx4705) is approx. a year and a half dated, comparatively speaken, does the hx 2795 out performs the hx4705?

Or is there something coming down the pipeline, within the next couple of months that will out do both units, in performance?

Thank You

Menneisyys
02-02-2006, 09:26 PM
I had my hx 4705 stolen. I need a replacement PDA that has the functionality of a mp3 and a laptop. That's how I used my hx 4705 and it lived up to the expection and beyond. However, given the fact that this unit (hx4705) is approx. a year and a half dated, comparatively speaken, does the hx 2795 out performs the hx4705?

Or is there something coming down the pipeline, within the next couple of months that will out do both units, in performance?

Thank You

You may want to read http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&p=490&more=1

scarletknight96
02-04-2006, 08:12 AM
I think this information confirms my fears-there will be no VGA replacement unit, by HP in 2006. Thus, leaving me with the HX 2795, as the only alternative I can purchase from compusa. I am forced to use the replacement plan, due to my HX being stolen. I inquire about compusa ordering a dell pda with a vga and was told that they don't do business with dell. I think they can get the HX 4705, through other sources, but I was told for the asking price of $750. This seems obsurb, with the HX4705 technology being almost a year and half old. Anyways, you scratch my itch for curiosity, with the link you included. Thanks, again.

Menneisyys
02-04-2006, 08:18 AM
I think this information confirms my fears-there will be no VGA replacement unit, by HP in 2006. Thus, leaving me with the HX 2795, as the only alternative I can purchase from compusa. I am forced to use the replacement plan, due to my HX being stolen. I inquire about compusa ordering a dell pda with a vga and was told that they don't do business with dell. I think they can get the HX 4705, through other sources, but I was told for the asking price of $750. This seems obsurb, with the HX4705 technology being almost a year and half old. Anyways, you scratch my itch for curiosity, with the link you included. Thanks, again.

$750 is a LOT for the hx4700. You could look around on eBay for a second-hand, much cheaper one. Or, alternatively, order an x51v or wait for the N560. Even the latter will be cheaper than $750.

packets
02-04-2006, 04:13 PM
I always check what I can get it delivered for at www.pricegrabber.com, you could save a couple hundred $$$ by doing some compaitive shopping, then look at ebay...I own an hx2795 and love it!

airconvent
02-04-2006, 05:33 PM
personally, I think the 2750 is everything the 4700 is and more. the only point it looses out is the VGA screen...
I personally felt that the 4700 form factor probably appeals to people with big hands but otherwise its simply too huge for a 2006 pda device...
the current trend is convergence and minitiarisation...and the 4700 form factor is reminisce of the casio e100 era...
if the 2750 came with vga display, I think it will knock the pants of most of the devices out there including the dell axims...
with flip cover, it does not need a leather jacket making it one of the smallest full featured occupant you can put in your pocket..

but too bad...no vga...sigh...