View Full Version : Proxy Server Access

BTS
02-02-2006, 05:44 AM
Hi all! When using Blazer on a Palm I was able to specify a proxy server. Wireless access at my school requires that I enter the proxy address to gain access. From there I can surf away.

Doing this in IE 6 on my tablet is simple (specify it in the connections dialogue). How does one do this in Windows Mobile 2003?

Thanks in advance!

Menneisyys
02-06-2006, 05:44 PM
Hi all! When using Blazer on a Palm I was able to specify a proxy server. Wireless access at my school requires that I enter the proxy address to gain access. From there I can surf away.

Doing this in IE 6 on my tablet is simple (specify it in the connections dialogue). How does one do this in Windows Mobile 2003?

Thanks in advance!

It's pretty easy: click the Connectivity icon, click Settings, and, if not the "My ISP" is active but, say, Bluetooth Settings or any other connection group, click Set up my proxy server in the group (if there're two) at the top. Then, enable the "This network uses..." checkbox and fill in the proxy server address if it's running at port 80; if not, click Advanced and fill in its adddress/port number.

BTS
02-08-2006, 06:01 AM
Awesome! Thank you for your reply!