View Full Version : What are the rumors concerning HP 2006 Ipaq flagship model? I don't think they can out do the HX 4705!!!

scarletknight96
02-02-2006, 04:36 AM
Can anyone inform me what the rumors surrounding the replacement models for HP powerhouse (HX 4705). Up until a week or so ago, from 1/22/06, I had my HX 4705 stolen. I went to CompUSA to re-purchase a replacement unit (YES...It's that good). This is when I discovered that this masterpiece of a PDA (HX-4705) was discontinued. I was somewhat surprised by this news. However, I thought it was bitter-sweet news. This is how I convinced myself to suck-it-up for a month or two, unit the replacement for this baby sails in. From past experience, I believe around March is when HP starts letting the stallions out of the stable - At least, I think??? I know HP will launch another fleet of ipaqs very soon, with a flagship model, such as the HX 4705. The question is what can possible trump this unit, other than 1 mega hertz processor. This baby was the equivlent of a Porsche Turbo Charged Carea 911, when compared to other PDAs :multi: There is nothing in the life span of PDAs that can perform as well as the HX 4705. If there were I would have had it instead.

THE QUESTION IS: WILL HP BE INTRODUCING A NEW LINE OF IPAQS, WITH A FLAGSHIP MODEL, in early 2006?

If so, I will definitely restrain myself from looking at the HX 2795! If this baby had a VGA screen, then it would be a 500 hp Mustang. If you own this unit, I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on its performance and the screen's visual output. Hopefully, you can use the HX 4705 as a measuring stick of sorts to compare the two units. Thank you, in advance, for sharing thoughts with me.

Darius Wey
02-02-2006, 04:41 AM
THE QUESTION IS: WILL HP BE INTRODUCING A NEW LINE OF IPAQS, WITH A FLAGSHIP MODEL.

There are rumours floating around that HP will release an "updated" hx4700 - slightly more ROM space, and Windows Mobile 5.0. Every other spec should remain the same. Of course, I can't confirm that said rumours are true, and I can't tell you if HP is planning on releasing a whole new line of non-converged iPAQs in the coming months. HP is just so wildly unpredictable these days.

pocketpcadmirer
02-02-2006, 05:42 AM
I agree with Darius. You just cant expect anything 'sure' from HP these days.
On the other hand, they seem to be a bit more leaned towards the converged devices these days.

Sunny

scarletknight96
02-02-2006, 09:13 AM
I was pleasantly surprise at this unit, due to its comparable feature set, in comparison to the HX 4705 :werenotworthy: I don't think it would be a huge departure from the HX 4705, based on performance. But, the VGA screen of the HX 4705 is to die for :lol: Can you please give me feedback on your thoughts?

nobody
02-02-2006, 04:24 PM
hx4700 is almost a perfect device, especially for a 4 inch VGA display, except:
1. USB host
2. standard USB port interface
3. a separate power adapter
4. more rom,ram,..

scarletknight96
02-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Inquiring minds want to know :lurking: What unit from HP can possible match the screen beauty and performance of the HX 4700 :roll: Mind you this unit exceeded its life cycle. For pocket PCs, a nine month circulation period of operation is a long time. This baby went almost a year and half and it is still on top of the food chain of PDA performance :snipersmile:

Please excuse and forgive me for appearing over zealous, but I am operating w/o a PDA and boy, IT IS HARD :cry: I might end up with the HX 2795, if a replacement does not come out this month (feburary) :roll:

Nurhisham Hussein
02-03-2006, 05:14 AM
What unit from HP can possible match the screen beauty and performance of the HX 4700 :

Not HP, but the HTC Universal and the FSC Pocket Loox 720 both use the same Sony screen model as the 4705, though at 3.6" rather than 4". For the moment, it seems only Acer and FSC are releasing new models with VGA screens.

friedshrimp
02-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Don't know if you want to try and get another HX 4705 since you raved about it;

The question is what can possible trump this unit, other than 1 mega hertz processor. This baby was the equivlent of a Porsche Turbo Charged Carea 911, when compared to other PDAs There is nothing in the life span of PDAs that can perform as well as the HX 4705. If there were I would have had it instead.

but if you do, there is one available on ebay. :clap:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LIKE-NEW-HP-HX-4700-4705-Pocket-PC-L-K_W0QQitemZ5862026650QQcategoryZ38331QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Menneisyys
02-03-2006, 04:13 PM
The new iPAQ flagship model, successor to the hx4700? Some HP people say it's the hx279x :D

(Read the story and links here (http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&p=490&more=1).)

scarletknight96
02-04-2006, 08:16 AM
With that said, you made my death easier, as far as hoping and being optimistic about a replacement for the HX 4700.

scarletknight96
02-04-2006, 03:07 PM
The dilema, I think, to go out and purchase another HX4705, only to have an HX 4795 (hyperthetically speaking) on store shelves, within the next couple of months. Since I use my PDA with high frequency, I love this unit screen. I don't mind purchasing the HX 2795, but I am spoiled by the VGA display. For the past year and half (I Think that's how long I had this baby), day-in / day-out, using it for everything, pretty much, I eyes have become acute to its high quality display. Because, I would probably acquire "buyers remorse" and not like the HX2795. I know sounds silly, but that's what happens when you get use to something.

phreaker18
02-04-2006, 08:09 PM
dude if u love the VGA screen i would sincerely advide u not to go with a QVGA coz the difference is immense..... u'll just hate it