View Full Version : Pocket IE's User-Agent string for NetFront 3.2?

heov
02-01-2006, 03:14 PM
So i've started using Netfront, and I love it. However, some sites don't recognize netfornts UA string, so it dispalys the full version.

I have the ability to change the UA string, but I dont' know what to put!

I looked in the registry and saw some stuff.

like Platfrom = Windows CE
MSIE4.01
en
Mozilla...

but on the Netfront page, I don't know what to put where.

There's a box for UA-Strong.. the default is like "Mozilla/4.0 (N342; blabh) NF3.2" or something like that

then there's like a box for App name, App version, AppCodeName, and a box for platform.

Has anyone had experience w/ netfront that couldhelp me fill in these boxes? I think the mos important is the "UA-string.." which i couldn't find in the registry.

thanks

Darius Wey
02-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Here you go:

Title: Internet Explorer
UserAgent: Mozilla/4.08 (compatible; Windows NT/5.1)
Appname: MSIE
AppVersion: 6.0
AppCodeName: Mozilla
Lang/Platform: en / Windows NT 5.1

Edit: Corrected a typo.

heov
02-01-2006, 05:37 PM
thanks but i want pocket ie's string :) so i CAN automatically go to the mobile sites. i assume i just use 3.02 for the version? or is it 4?

Darius Wey
02-01-2006, 05:50 PM
D'oh! I overlooked the word, "Pocket" in your thread title.

Here is the UserAgent for PIE. If it doesn't work, let me know.

Title: Pocket Internet Explorer
UserAgent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; Windows CE)
Appname: MSIE
AppVersion: 4.01
AppCodeName: Mozilla
Lang/Platform: en / Windows CE

Guest979
02-01-2006, 06:01 PM
thanks but i want pocket ie's string :) so i CAN automatically go to the mobile sites. i assume i just use 3.02 for the version? or is it 4?

Try "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320)" (without the quotes).

heov
02-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Thanks guys, it worked:)

I used Darius's "extra" info and Guest's string. I didn't try Darius's string since Guest's worked on the first time.

Thanks again!

doughboy
02-03-2006, 07:30 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone who posted on this thread. The Agent information for Netfront as PIE in this thread enabled me to finally get Netfront v3.1 to work with my Javascript-intensive E-billpay site. Originally, I purchased Netfront assuming it would enable me to e-pay bills from my PDA. I could never get it to work (even NF v3.3TP1.04) until last night when I logged onto the site with PIE as the User Agent with v3.1. Interestingly, I cannot see certain JS "buttons" in Normal viewing mode but can in Smart-Fit Rendering.

I was a big fan of Dale's PocketPCPassion.com until server problems kept the site down for quite a while. During PPCPassion's hiatus, I began to frequent PPCThoughts.

It is people such as Jason and yourselves -- helpful, curious, and intelligent -- that make this site the benchmark.