View Full Version : Guys..how often do u reset ur ppc?

ppcliker
02-01-2006, 06:59 AM
I reset it a least once everyday.
Do you reset it more than i do :wink:

Susan

pocketpcadmirer
02-01-2006, 07:05 AM
Considering reset in your words means soft-reset

Well, now the Pocket PCs have become very stable devices, IMHO.
I reset my magician after every 2-3 days to remove all the garbage collection done by the OS. When I had my iPAQ, I used to do 2 resets everyday. Now, I only install trust-wrothy and apps from good and reputed software-houses. This makes my magician run smoothly

Gone are the days when the pocket pcs were underlined by the word soft-resets

Sunny :)

MarcFou
02-01-2006, 10:51 AM
I soft reset once per week or after a software install.

Dent
02-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Currently twice a day - Once before I sync at work and then once when I get home and sync to the home computer. Seems to be the only way to get it to work.

Currently reading a lot of troubleshooting advice but haven't found a way to get it down to once a week.

THis is with an E-Ten M600.

Dent

axe
02-01-2006, 07:36 PM
I do about 2-3 times a week. Memory bleeds from apps and when I use my wifi card too much it tends to eat memory :(
I can go from 6 Mb free total storage & programs to 15.9 in one reset. HUGE difference!
Eventually it will get annoying enough and something will compell me to get a WM5 device, in the mean time my trusty 2210 will just keep on booting...

cml
02-02-2006, 02:09 AM
I used to have to reset about twice per day, but since I got my X50v (and did a little replacing of some questionable apps), it is now more like once every two weeks!!

Nurhisham Hussein
02-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Once a day - but this is almost entirely due to my rigorously followed backup habit.

LinuxGirl
02-02-2006, 04:17 PM
With my Axim x51v, I only reset about once or twice a week. That's sooo much better than my HP 4705.

CowboyNinjaPirate
02-03-2006, 06:37 PM
HP RX3715 - Soft Reset roughly once a week... usually around the time I do my periodic backup. :)

Constant Caffeine
02-03-2006, 08:06 PM
I work a lot with Excel and some of the files I have causes some performance issues. It seems I reset mine every other day.

mcmuddle
02-04-2006, 01:51 PM
X51v, almost never. However since SOMEBODY here recomended Quake4 I end up swapping batteries at least once a day and that appears to initiate a soft reset.

G M Fude
02-05-2006, 12:13 AM
On average about 3 times a week. If I had to categorise, I'd say most of these enforced soft resets are due to multitasking. I wish I could set my Axim to just run one app at a time.

Patrick Y.
02-05-2006, 02:52 AM
Around 6-10 times per day trying to make my WM5 x50v work right... :evil:

Patrick Y.
02-05-2006, 02:54 AM
I wish I could set my Axim to just run one app at a time.

You can. There are tons of free softwares such as Wisbar Advance 1.0 that allows you to minimize programs/ close programs as on PC.

G M Fude
02-05-2006, 04:38 AM
I wish I could set my Axim to just run one app at a time.
You can. There are tons of free softwares such as Wisbar Advance 1.0 that allows you to minimize programs/ close programs as on PC.
Thanks. Yeah, I have Spb Pocket Plus and I use its Close function a lot, but I'd prefer something that shuts the app automatically when I open another one. Perhaps the newer versions of Pocket Plus do this but mine's about 10 months old.

tourdewolf
02-09-2006, 04:33 AM

Ditto! 8 times today so far and it's only 9pm.

Funny how everytime I let my x51v suspend (turn off by itself) I have to reset the thing to turn it back on. In some cases I have to make it think I am going to do a HARD RESET by holding the power and pushing the reset button until I get a "do you really want to go through a hard reset again" message. Once there I cancel and the stupid thing comes on.

Dell really screwed us on this one! I haven't been suckered like this in a long time.

<end rant>

Patrick Y.
02-10-2006, 05:12 AM

Ditto! 8 times today so far and it's only 9pm.

Funny how everytime I let my x51v suspend (turn off by itself) I have to reset the thing to turn it back on. In some cases I have to make it think I am going to do a HARD RESET by holding the power and pushing the reset button until I get a "do you really want to go through a hard reset again" message. Once there I cancel and the stupid thing comes on.

Dell really screwed us on this one! I haven't been suckered like this in a long time.

<end rant>

Check out Aximsite (stickies in x51 forum) if you haven't done so already. There are few solutions for this problem, including leaving the bluetooth on and activesync "hack".