View Full Version : Jornada 520 Sadness

brian.reading
01-31-2006, 08:14 AM
My old Jornada 520 has been having a very annoying problem. It freezes every time I slightly bump it or put any light pressure on the case. In fact, in order to use it, I have to keep it still on the desk.

Sometimes a soft reset will get it going again after a freeze, and sometimes it won't and I'm forced to do a hard reset. I notice the hard reset will be necessary if I let the Jornada sit for a few minutes after it's frozen.

I've taken the thing apart numerous times to check for anything loose or anything out of the ordinary, but I can't figure anything out. I notice that after a freeze, if I squeeze my jornada tightly before a reset it somehow becomes more resistant to bumping and thus freezing the next time, but it's only temporary.

It even happens when I turn it off and bump it. It just refuses to turn back on without a reset.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm going crazy here, and I really love my Pocket PC, and I'd really love to get it back to normal again.

Thanks!

Brian

airconvent
02-11-2006, 04:54 PM
how about bringing it back to HP to let them take a look.
if all else fails, you can get really good 545/548 bargains on ebay ...and they're better than the 520....

Nurhisham Hussein
02-11-2006, 06:16 PM
Sounds like your battery is on its last legs - time to replace?