View Full Version : Rotate Themes

friedshrimp
01-29-2006, 03:25 PM
Does anyone know of any good, simple, software to rotate themes? Don't want to build, modify, or otherwise change themes, just change them on an hourly - daily basis on my rx1955. Thanks for any info! :grouphug:

whydidnt
01-29-2006, 04:49 PM
I used to use "Theme King" and it worked well for this, but a quick search at Handango didn't reveal it, at least on the first page of hits.

However, the top two on the search: http://www.handango.com/ampp/store/PlatformSearch.jsp?optionId=1_2_2&jid=CA5E17719ABBX539XB11AE5ADCDE7344&platformId=2&siteId=311&advSearch=true&sectionId=0&keyWords=rotate+theme&txtSearch=rotate+theme

"Theme Master" and "Theme Manager Plus" are only $6.99 and sound like they will do what you want. They both have free trials so I'd give them a shot and see if they meet your needs.

friedshrimp
01-30-2006, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the info. I had tried "Theme Master" in the past and was unimpressed with it but I haven't heard of "Theme Manager Plus" so I'll give it a try. :beer:

friedshrimp
01-30-2006, 01:50 AM
Tested "Theme Manager Plus" and it does rather well once you figure it out. Two quirks with it though that I was wondering if anyone else has run into and knows how to deal with. 1. On the today screen there is an icon in the lower right hand corner to bring up the Menu. There is also a line above my program icons which shows what theme is being used and where it is located. Any idea of how to remove this particular line? 2. I am unable to delete the entry in the Start menu, it tries and then says it can't delete it. I like to keep a clean Start menu and see this as an unnecessary intrusion. Thanks for any info provided.

yvilla
01-30-2006, 02:28 AM
I can't speak to the program you tried, but wanted to add that I've used Theme King for a long time, and still like it; it even works with WM 5.0 even thought it doesn't say so expressly. The regular version is also 6.99 and has a trial version, and there's a "Plus" version too for more money, but I never tried that. They are both available at Pocket Gear:
http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=5303

friedshrimp
01-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the input yvilla. I removed Theme Master Plus as it was also causing random lockups on my rx1955 that I had to soft boot to restore. Just downloaded Theme King v2.5.7, hopefully will have better luck with it. Thanks! :D

friedshrimp
02-01-2006, 01:09 AM
Just to FYI, have been running Theme King v2.5.7 for about a day now and it is exactly what I wanted. Very simple, have had no hiccups or freezes, no fuss or muss. Nice piece of software. Thanks guys (and gals?). :jester:

yvilla
02-01-2006, 04:42 AM
Cool. I'm glad to have been able to point you there. :)

PS: Yeah, I'm a "gal". Was it the avatar?

friedshrimp
02-01-2006, 11:08 AM
PS: Yeah, I'm a "gal". Was it the avatar?

......uummmmm...... no. Was just trying to be politcally correct. :oops:

Is that a green rose?

yvilla
02-01-2006, 06:07 PM
No apologies needed. My comment was just a lighthearted "you got me" kind of thing. :)

It's a succulent.