View Full Version : How can I get full screen movies on my ppc

XanderP
01-27-2006, 07:14 PM
O.K I followed the step by step on this site http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/articles.php?action=expand,16660
but it does not give me full screen playback on my Qtek S100, Is it meant to? Thanks in advance :mrgreen:

pocketpcadmirer
01-27-2006, 07:38 PM
"So what does the encoder software do? It takes your source material and converts it into a format that the Pocket PC can handle. In the case of video, this involves making the picture smaller (e.g. 208x160) and fewer frames per second (e.g. 8 instead of 29.97 for NTSC and 25 for PAL)."

This is what you would have followed. These days, Pocket PCs are powerful enough to handle 320*240 video(VGA PPCs support 640*480). The article was written on August 25, 2003. So, its quite old now. You should select the pocket pc profile and select full screen(something like that) and follow the wizard. This would give u full screen video

Enjoy..

Sunny

XanderP
01-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Cheers! I can now watch my movies in full screen glory :mrgreen: The only thing I had to do was change from standard view to widescreen in a drop down menu. I still do not know how to change frame rate and what changing the frame rate even does though :?:

Nurhisham Hussein
02-01-2006, 03:32 PM
I still do not know how to change frame rate and what changing the frame rate even does though :?:

All digital movies are similar to physical films - they're made up of a number of still pictures that when shown consecutively at a very fast rate, give the illusion of movement. As a general rule, the higher the framerate, the smoother the movement, but the bigger the file size as there are more 'pictures' required per second. When transcoding, try to keep to the original frame rate, unless you need to have a smaller file size.