View Full Version : Need some advice about deleting duplicated installs and relocating SKTools

martin_ayton
01-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Hi,

In a bunch of messing about recently (as a result of my PDA2K spontaneously hard resetting itself on a plane over the Atlantic - note to self: always carry a backup on an SD card), I have managed to duplicate all the install files and folders for spb Pocket Plus on my built-in storage and in the Program Files folder in RAM. I don't know which one is actually installed and PP only comes up once in the remove programs list. Can PP be run from the BIS and can I therefore safely delete all duplicated files in RAM or should I just bite the bullet, delete the lot and start the installation over?

Also, I have just installed the latest update to Skype and I now find I have two Skype folders in the BIS: One just has a .exe file in it (dated yesterday, so I guess that's the newest) and the other has another .exe (dated 9-Dec-2005) and a .dll. Can I safely delete the older folder, or do I need to keep the .dll?

Finally, I'm trying SKTools out at the moment. I failed to get this working when I installed to the BIS. Will it work installed that way, and if so, how do I do it. Also, I don't seem to be able to get it to do an automatic clean after a soft-reset - am I missing something?

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Martin.