View Full Version : Are the problems with ActiveSync 4.0 fixed?

bjp1
01-25-2006, 11:23 PM
I purchased a ipaq 1955 and could not get the complete connection due to the need to mess with connectivity settings (Firewall, LAN, VPN, etc.).

I took the PPC back.

Has this problem been fixed in AS 4.1, or do you still have to mess with the settings?

Unfortunately, the PPC platform in unsupported in our corporate platform, so messing with settings is out of the question.

Is it fixed?

Brian

Brad Adrian
01-25-2006, 11:32 PM
Can you explain exactly what features/functions didn't work? ActiveSync does most of its work locally, between the PC and directly-connected Pocket PC, so things like LANs, VPNs, etc. shouldn't be a problem.

If you're talking about pass-through to the Internet so you can surf on your Pocket PC through ActiveSync, the DOT-One release doesn't make any real changes to that.

That said, let us know what didn't work, and we'll see if we can get you going!

Darius Wey
01-26-2006, 03:32 AM
Unfortunately, the v4.0 release had multiple connectivity issues (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/help/activesync/default.mspx) associated with firewalls and what not, since ActiveSync 4.x and Windows Mobile 5.0 are now deeply reliant on LAN connections.

The latest v4.1 release does aim to solve a few of said issues, and while it's no guarantee that you'll be able to get your rx1955 to sync, I'm sure you'll have much better luck this time round.

friedshrimp
01-29-2006, 12:59 PM
I have a 1955 and it works effortlessly via Pass-through Internet with Activesync v4.1 (in fact, I did not know this was an option until I found myself surfing the Internet without the blue light on). It uses whatever settings the main computer is using for access to the outside world. If you wish to hook up via LAN, just turn on the Wi-Fi button, wait for it to locate the router (30 sec or so) and if the connection is open, it will automatically connect. If the connection is encrypted, you will have to enter the 10 or 26 digit encryption key to connect (if you company will provide that info of course).