View Full Version : Alarm Malfunction

jgm
01-25-2006, 01:58 PM
I have a Dell Axim x51v. I installed Pocket Informant, Agenda Fusion, and Listpro on my ppc not too long ago. I have used the Alarm in the Today Clock area since I first had my first pocket pc. But now after the rom update the alarm will go off and the little bubble that pops up that you press to turn it off is gone and there is no way to turn it off. The little green light just keeps blinking and blinking I've tried everything and nothing seems to work. Also my phatpad and phatnotes alarms have stopped working. I've finally uninstalled PI and AF but I need listpro. I don't use listpro alarm for fear that it might be the culprit. All these progs claim to be compatible w/mobile 5. Has anyone else experience this. The only way to fix it is a hard reset but then it just comes back after a while. Is there a way to fix it?

Nurhisham Hussein
01-26-2006, 02:44 AM
I wonder if there is any application that can check the WM5 notifications database? I think that's your culprit right there. If you don't have it check out MemMaid by Dinarsoft - it's supposedly WM5 compatible, but I have no way to check.

tregnier
01-26-2006, 02:01 PM
There are a number of threads re this issue on Aximsite, some involving some interesting fixes such as setting your clock ahead 1 minute and then resetting it back. It seems that there are a number of different problems caused by various programs. I would recommend that you do a search on alarm issues, trying to find a reference to some of the software that you're using, and then try solutions that may be offered.

Bottom line: It doesn't seem to be a one issue problem. :(

PetiteFlower
01-26-2006, 05:21 PM
Do a search on this site for "check notifications" or "chk notifications" (I forget which), that should get you a link.

Nurhisham Hussein
01-27-2006, 01:08 AM
I hestitated originally about posting the link to check notifications, because it's specifically designed to work on WM2003 - I'm not at all sure it won't break something in WM5. If you're interested, the link is here:

http://www.scarybearsoftware.com/ppc_cn_overview.html

jgm
01-27-2006, 11:25 AM
I tried the MemMaid and it worked. Thanks for all the great advice guys.