View Full Version : X51v CF still disappearing

pivaska
01-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Has anyone figured out how to stop the CF card from disappearing? Has the new update been ANY help with that? My SD card is always there but my CF card goes away until I do a soft reset. It is not a prgram problem because it happens with any of the programs that I try to use...even file explorer. I just checked it with Active Sync and explorer and it isn't there. Any tweaks would be greatly appreciated.

beckp
01-24-2006, 08:04 PM
I have done the new update and I have a 8gig CF Micro-drive and have never had it disappear (prior to the A06 upgrade too). I'm also using a 1gig SD card too.

PPCRules
01-24-2006, 09:06 PM
Very common problem, not fixed in latest (A06) ROM.

There are a couple workarounds discovered. I'd refer you to the Aximsite.com forums rather than try to explain here, but both the Bluetooth-always-on and the ActiveSync-set-to-manual 'fixes' seem to at least significantly reduce the reoccurance of the problem for most users.

pivaska
01-25-2006, 02:23 AM
I've tried the Active Sync manual tweak but not the blue tooth....off to Aximsite to look it up.

Vincent M Ferrari
01-26-2006, 04:15 PM
Same identical problem. I found that a soft reset with the card out goes a long way toward fixing it.

I wish Dell would get their crap together. I ordered my Axim and got it last week. For God's sake, it came with ROM A01. I wasn't expecting the latest, but jeez...

They need to fix this issue. It's really REALLY annoying.

pivaska
01-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Well I tried the Exchange server tweak to manual and it worked for me. After reading everything at the Aximsite I see that it does for some and not for others. I still have A04 and do not wish to go to A06 yet. I did not do the bluetooth tweak, just the exchange server manual. It has been two days since I have done this and so far it still sees the card.

Vincent M Ferrari
01-30-2006, 04:05 AM
So far so good. The "keep the Bluetooth on" trick seems to be working.

Now if someone could just tell me why one has any effect on the other, I'd be thrilled.

pivaska
01-30-2006, 02:13 PM
It has been 5 days since I used the "manual" tweak and not once have I lost the CF card. I have not applied the "bluetooth" tweak. It has to bee that it shuts off the CF card to do the download to the server. Hello Dell??? How about A07 witht he bug fix in it?????