View Full Version : Treo Today Plug Ins for everyone!

dickiedove
01-24-2006, 06:00 PM
OK I'm drooling over the concept of typing in google queries from my today screen and a contact search plug in like the one on the Treo. Anybody seen these out there anywhere/heard that something like that is being developed for all us other PPCPE users?

Darius Wey
01-24-2006, 06:11 PM
Here's one for the Google search: http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45300

JonMisurda
01-24-2006, 08:12 PM
Wow, that is the first time i've ever had a poll option fit so well for me:

I am a developer and I'm gonna do something about this awesome business opportunity!

Darius kindly posted a link to my announcement, and you should definitely read the more recent posts on my blog to hear about updates.

There are some issues that make it apparent that MS never intended a today plugin to receive text, devices with built-in keyboards have issues, as well as if the plug-in is too low on the screen, the soft keyboard may cover it.

Other than that, I hope it works for you.

Jon

dickiedove
01-24-2006, 08:27 PM
Jon

Just downloaded it and am delighted with it. Works great on my HW6515. Fantastic work.

Now all you have to do is come up with a way of getting your contacts from the today screen and I will worship you as a God!!!

Seriously this is great work.

Thanks very much for the freeware, you should get a paypal shareware thing for donations to you. Applications like this deserve support

Sven Johannsen
01-24-2006, 10:40 PM
Haven't seen the Treo up close and personal. What's so special about the Contacts feature? I've got a phone button on my PPCPEs that brings up a phone pad that can search contacts in a T9 sort of method. If the hardware keyboard is available I can search contacts from it. There is also Contact Breeze that does a great job at searching contacts.