View Full Version : e740 shows connected wi-fi, but cannot acess internet w/IE

tadpole
01-23-2006, 04:00 AM
I've looked all over the net for an answer for this one... I'm hoping the knowledge base here is better. I have a Toshiba e740 pocket pc (purchased new) that I've only been able to connect to the net with wi-fi once. I have a linksys router (WRT54GS) that I made completely non-secure to try to fix this problem. I go through the process of scanning for networks, tap on my network when it shows up, the pocket pc shows all the info of my network, then I goto IE to try to acess the web... I either get a message to change my settings or that the website I'm looking for cannot be found. (www.google.com). I've tryed switching between work & internet setting with no results. I've re-set my Pocket pc back to factory settings... with no results. The Toshiba website is no help & I've found others have had the exact same problem through a "google" search. I've not seen any fix for the problem yet though.
Please help if you can... all I've got now is a $450.00 hand held organizer!!!
Thanks. :( :cry:

isajoo
02-19-2006, 11:51 AM
i could not find any other way to fix this other than to do hard reset (make sure u back-up everything first) then when the pda turn on with the fresh new install your wifi should pick up the signal automatically... i select the work setting... others on the web say the internet setting try both with hard resets... make sure u change the option under network settings too... make everything to the work setting. hope it works...search other forums on the web.

Cybrid
02-20-2006, 07:45 AM
http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/WM2003/Connection_Manager/ConnectionManager.html