View Full Version : TaskBlaze Productivity Freeware for Pocket PC?

PocketPC Addict
01-22-2006, 05:40 PM
Hi all,

The other day I released a nice little Task timer for desktop computers called TaskBlaze (http://goalsuccess.typepad.com/goaltips/2006/01/new_smarttask_f.html). TaskBlaze is a small, fast, efficient and easy to use application that keeps accurate track of your time dedicated to your tasks.

* I wanted to alert you to the desktop version so you could have it.
* Wanted to also find out the interest level in me building a Pocket PC version.

So far, the feedback has been great so I thought it might be good for Pocket Pcs too. Would you have a need for a quick easy to use task tracker for your Pocket PC? I don't want to port it if the interest isn't there.

Thanks. :)

ctmagnus
01-26-2006, 05:00 AM
I've been wanting something like this for my Pocket PC for a loooong time. In my case, a Pocket PC version would be more useful than a desktop version as I have my iPaq 5550 with me most of the time and I usually sync it with my Tablet PC several times a day to get everything into Outlook. My tablet doesn't get used for PIM data entry nearly as much as my Pocket PC does.

I tried it and the one issue I had is that Outlook was unresponsive for a short while after the task was submitted, the first time I tried it. No issues otherwise. Using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, the most current updates on each.

PocketPC Addict
01-26-2006, 04:05 PM
I tried it and the one issue I had is that Outlook was unresponsive for a short while after the task was submitted, the first time I tried it. No issues otherwise. Using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, the most current updates on each.

Is it just the first task submitted that lags or all tasks you submit. It's expected the first connection to outlook may take a second or two but once the connection is established, the rest should just follow through. This delay could be more or less depending on what other background processes are running. So one day it might be immediate, other days might be the 2-second delay.

ctmagnus
01-26-2006, 11:46 PM
Just the first task.