View Full Version : newbie

johnhull
01-21-2006, 05:16 PM
Hi

I've really only been playing with my Ipaq rz1710 for a couple of weeks. I've had to re-install various software for various rerasons, now I have links to software in my programmes list, which isn't on there any more. I can't find out how to get rid of them. Any suggestions?

Also it comes with an HP demo installed with (apparently) no way of uninstalling it. It's just sitting there taking up space. How can I remove it?

John 0X

Darius Wey
01-21-2006, 05:22 PM
I've really only been playing with my Ipaq rz1710 for a couple of weeks. I've had to re-install various software for various rerasons, now I have links to software in my programmes list, which isn't on there any more. I can't find out how to get rid of them. Any suggestions?

Open File Explorer and navigate to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs, then tap-and-hold the dead shortcuts and select Delete.

Also it comes with an HP demo installed with (apparently) no way of uninstalling it. It's just sitting there taking up space. How can I remove it?

Unfortunately, that item is included by default (i.e. embedded in ROM), so you can't physically remove it. If you don't use it though, simply remove the shortcut using the aforementioned steps.

johnhull
01-21-2006, 06:12 PM

I thought it would be easy!

John