View Full Version : My new eten m600 has been dead for over 2 weeks

Smamic
01-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Backround:
December 30th
Purchased the m600 via local pickup off of ebay. Everything was working great.

January 4th
I was planning on re-flashing the m600 but first I wanted to try installing some programs on the eten m600 to see if they would work before the new setup. After I tried installing Spb's Pocket Plus, the ppc froze and I did a soft reset. I didn't think it would work and so I moved on to flashing my Rom

I did a hard reset. When it was booted to the OS I created a guest partnership in activesync and attempted to flash the ROM with WWE 170. It gave me an error message that it couldnt find the device so I undocked it and put it back in the cradle to see if I could set up a real partnership.

When I couldnt set up a partnership I did another soft reset since sometimes that has helped me in the past. Anyway the soft reset would freeze at the m600 orange screen. Hard resets also freeze at the boot screen with the message
"Erase all data and load default? (Yes)

January 5th
I posted on the ETEN Pocket PC Users Forum in hope of a solution. Although I received many ideas none of them have worked

As of now, the only thing I can do with my m600 is put it into bootloader mode. From there it has been able to:
a) use the SD card with a dump.bin file on it to flash the rom. This dump.bin file didn't work at least partly if not fully since it was from an m600 that already had programs installed on it. Ie. it was not factory fresh.
b) use a file called HimaUpgradeUt.exe which was able to send at least some info over USB to the m600. However, after a brief period it said "Connection Error." This illustrates that the m600 IS capable of some sort of USB connection but neither activesync nor the M600_WWE_0170.exe rom file (written specifically to upgrade the m600s ROM) cannot connect to the m600 via USB.

I've tried to create a partnership in activesync with another PC but that didn't work.
Also, when I connect the m600 to my computer the entry
Windows CE USB Devices and under that "Microsoft USB Sync" appears. This seems to mean that the computer can detect the device but activesync for some annoying reason cannot.

I joined this forum in the hopes that someone with a freshly hard-reset device and an SD card can make a rom image for me and upload it to either rapidshare.de or email it to me via dumpload.com or etc.
Otherwise, if anyone know of any other ways to flash a rom image so that I can boot up the m600 into wm5 and work from there that would help as well.

To learn how to make a rom dump image go to:
http://www.eten-users.net/topic281

Please help me if your idea or rom image gets my m600 working I will pay you $25 USD via paypal for your efforts. I really am desperate for anyones help. Thanks for reading!

You can see my original quest for help at:
http://www.eten-users.net/topic733

winner12
01-26-2006, 09:36 PM
Ok I have had this problems for 3 weeks and I Finally worked ot out last night.

Do not use the usb sync craddle with windows xp, as it shuts your computer down.

To sync the eten m600 you need to turn off all your virus programs
install active sync 4.1
and then plug you pda into the usb cable (cable that did plug into the cradle) fits in botttom of phone.

Now it will sync everytime

Screen freezes are caused by the active sync software on the phone you need to get the patch and install it on your phone.

Cheers CRAIG

milo
02-15-2006, 05:28 AM
First off, you can't install the rom over activesync unless you have XP with service pack 2 installed. Otherwise it will come up with the error message saying that it cannot find the device.

Also, any firewalls can cause a problem. Here's a site from Microsoft that addresses the firewall issues with Activesync:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/help/activesync/default.mspx

Now if you cannot get into the normal OS, then you can still run the updater on XP SP2 with the phone in bootloader mode, it'll still make the connection.

Hope this helps

I am having issues with my battery now, so I am going to patch back from 171 to 170. I'll run you a dump then if you want.