View Full Version : PPC-6700 miniSD card not recognized by some programs

warptime
01-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Hello!

I recently purchased the Sprint version of the PPC-6700 and really like it. I have been unable to find any information/discussion about the problem I am experiencing. Some of my programs do not seem to see files/documents on the miniSD card. If it is a Windows Mobile 5 'feature' I have not been able to find any comments regarding it.

The miniSD formerly lived in my Audiovox SMT-5600 with no problems. Since I encountered this problem I have reformated the card (FAT32) just in case, but the issue continues. In Mobile Word, Mobile Excel, ListPro, Pocket Streets & Trips 2006, HandMark MobileDB, and others do not see any folders or files on the card with the exception of the Inbox attachment directory. Resco Explorer, Windows File Explorer, and Windows Media Player 10 all see them just fine. If I tap on a file on the miniSD card in Resco Explorer, the proper application is started and seems to work just fine.

When I open an app, say Word Mobile, and go to the Folder view to open a file, none are present though there are 20-30 on the miniSD card. When I look at the folders in the dropdown, there are a couple of inbox.mst... directories showing that are on the card, but none of the sub-folders in /storage card/my documents. Anyone have any idea what may be going on here?

The miniSD card is a SanDisk 512mb. Most of the programs I have installed are on the card and seem to operate OK.

A sample of the directory structure:

/Storage Card/
--FilesToBeDeleted
--Inbox.mstxxxxxxx
--Inbox.mstxxxxxxx
----Mail Attachments
--MSMETADATA
--My Documents
----Business
----Java
----ListProLists
----MobileDB Databases
----My Movies
----My Music
----Personal
--Program Files
----(installed programs)
and some others...

Thanks!!

Warptime
Jornada 540 -> iPAQ 1940 -> iPAQ 4155 -> PPC-6700

warptime
01-23-2006, 08:14 AM
Bump,

No clues out there? I wonder what the chances are Sprint support knows...

warptime

warptime
01-25-2006, 09:07 PM
Issue identified on another site.

ivoivo
08-24-2006, 09:52 PM
Can you please share how you were able to have the PPC6700 recognize the mini SD card ? I am having the same problem and cannot get my PPC 6700 to see the mini SD card