View Full Version : Recording Phone Conversations

Ploobers
01-17-2006, 10:34 PM
How can I set my Pocket PC to record phone conversations?

What, if any, legal requirements would I have to comply with in order to do it?

ctmagnus
01-18-2006, 12:19 AM
I'd ask the other party if you can put the phone on speakerphone and record the conversation. If they consent, open Notes and tap on the Record button on the toolbar to start a recording. And make sure to put the Pocket PC fairly close to the phone.

If you have a phone edition device, you may have other means to do so but I don't know as I don't own one. ;)

pocketpcadmirer
01-18-2006, 06:44 PM
open Notes and tap on the Record button on the toolbar to start a recording. And make sure to put the Pocket PC fairly close to the phone.

Yes you have got it right. :) When using the phone, as said above tap on the record button to start recording. Then the note will be saved with the caller name along with date and time.

edit:typo error

Sunny

Ploobers
01-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I do have a PPC Phone and I was hoping that I could record it directly without having to go through a mic.

ctmagnus
01-19-2006, 02:56 AM
Then the note will be saved with the caller name along with date and time.

That sounds handy! Much better than the Note1, Note2... that Notes on standard Pocket PCs uses.

Menneisyys
02-06-2006, 12:29 PM
Please read http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&p=513&more=1 - it contains all the info you will need.