View Full Version : Worst Software Awards for Customer Service

dickiedove
01-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Here's a chance for you to name and shame whichever Software houses have been guilty of poor customer service. Note this is not about the quality of the software its about where you feel the customer service is poor.

Paragon
01-17-2006, 05:47 PM
Where's the option for "none of the above"? ;)

Don't Panic!
01-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Worst Poll ever goes to... 8O

pocketpcadmirer
01-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Where's the option for "none of the above"? ;)

I dont think that this thread has 'nice' life.
BTW all of the software houses which you've mentioned have very nice support AFAIMK

Sunny

Vincent M Ferrari
01-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Having only dealt with two of them (SPB and WebIS) I can say I wasn't exactly thrilled with WebIS. I had a very simple issue. It was a bug in the beta of WebIS Mail. I told them about it, explained it very clearly, and the tech I explained it to proceeded to give me a course on how POP3 works, never once actually addressing the issue.

It was my only interaction with them, but I have to say it really soured me on them. I still love Pocket Informant, but that whole experience really rubbed me the wrong way.

For the record, SPB is utterly amazing every time I interact with them.

dickiedove
01-17-2006, 08:34 PM
This poll may not have nice "life". But some of us have not had very "nice" experiences with certain Developers. If you think one of the developer's is nice, soft and fluffy then don't vote for them!!!

For those of us who have been stung in the past. This could put that in some kind of context. Nothing wrong with a little name and shame IMHO keeps people on their toes.

MarcFou
01-17-2006, 09:37 PM
I would have to say NOA. Ilium in my opinion is the best. I have always got top notch service from them. Quick replies and followup. Seems these days so many companies forgot about the concept of follow up.

Jacob
01-17-2006, 09:41 PM
I've submitted help requests to both Developer One and SPb without any reply from them in the past. I've also gotten some very prompt replies from them on other occasions.

SBSH, Ilium, WebIS and Phatware have each been quite good.

kudron
01-17-2006, 11:39 PM
How about Handango??

Nurhisham Hussein
01-18-2006, 01:41 AM
Handango aren't developers - they're a retailer.

BukTop
01-18-2006, 02:37 PM
I've submitted help requests to both Developer One and SPb without any reply from them in the past.

In Spb we installed a new support system about half-a-year ago. From that time no requests should be left unanswered. Could you please send me the ticket number and date of your request by e-mail and I will check our database! My e-mail is: buktop [at] softspb [dot] com

Victor Bargachev
Spb Software House

Jacob
01-18-2006, 06:05 PM
I've submitted help requests to both Developer One and SPb without any reply from them in the past.

In Spb we installed a new support system about half-a-year ago. From that time no requests should be left unanswered. Could you please send me the ticket number and date of your request by e-mail and I will check our database! My e-mail is: buktop [at] softspb [dot] com

Victor Bargachev
Spb Software House

Thanks for the reply. I do admit that the issues that I was referring to happened before a half year ago so it seems that your new support system has worked -all correspondance from you guys has been good.

I wish I could remember the ticket number. I think it was for one of the earlier versions of SPB Finance, but I'm not sure.

ironguy
01-18-2006, 06:18 PM
I've actually dealt with almost all of these companies and received fair to excellent customer service. The one that I would vote for is Two Peaks. I was basically ignored with my Vehicle Manager problem.

dickiedove
01-18-2006, 10:54 PM
SPB are fantastic, I have to say. The above is just an example of their attention to detail

In my opinion SPB and Webis lead the field in terms of customer service with Omega One trailing slightly and Developer One trailing badly.