View Full Version : Help with Notification Error

mpc5473
01-14-2006, 03:07 AM
I keep getting the following message on my k-jam. Can someone help me solve the issue?

Notification Error

Cannot Execute

\Windows\UptimeCounter.exe

Janak Parekh
01-14-2006, 07:34 AM
That's generally caused by an incomplete uninstall of an application that has registered itself in the Notification database. You need to remove the notification. Tools like Scarybear's (http://www.scarybearsoftware.com/ppc_cn_overview.html) can be used (although I don't know its compatibility with WM5). Note that incorrect use of such a tool (such as removing other, legitimate notifications) can cause misbehavior, so make sure to backup any data, in case you need to hard reset.

--janak

mpc5473
01-14-2006, 08:17 PM
thanks, i'm trying it out.

Patrick Y.
01-15-2006, 03:08 AM
I sometimes get this error because I turn off my PPC while some software is running. After running the software again and close it properly, the error message is gone.

pocketpcadmirer
01-15-2006, 11:10 AM
One more reason for such a problem. He/She could have deleted the folder contaning the program files for 'that' particular application.

I once got the same error when my sister deleted "sprite backup"'s files from my iPAQ

Sunny

Janak Parekh
01-16-2006, 05:21 AM
One more reason for such a problem. He/She could have deleted the folder contaning the program files for 'that' particular application.
Right, that is a variant of the "incomplete uninstall". Either a reinstallation of the app in question or a cleaning of the notification DBs should solve it.

--janak