View Full Version : Bluetooth Question - probably not possible !

kao123
01-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Hi all, am probably clutching at straws here but does anyone know of a way to view the camera (live) from a bluetooth enabled phone via a PDA (Hx4700).
I don't mean to transfer files between the devices.
If I pair my Nokia 6680 with my 4700 I would like to be able to use the PDA as the view finder for the camera on the phone ? Hope this makes sense.

Any suggestions or is this just not going to happen ?

phunkynutz
01-13-2006, 04:20 PM
As far as I know this is not possible. You would need a phone that 'streamed' its camera view via bluetooth, and I'm not aware of any phone that does this.

Cybrid
01-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Hi all, am probably clutching at straws here but does anyone know of a way to view the camera (live) from a bluetooth enabled phone via a PDA (Hx4700).
I don't mean to transfer files between the devices.
If I pair my Nokia 6680 with my 4700 I would like to be able to use the PDA as the view finder for the camera on the phone ? Hope this makes sense.

Any suggestions or is this just not going to happen ?BT has a very small throughput. It maxes out at 700Kbps. For this the video would need to be compressed and then streamed and decompressed. They raw processing power needed is not available.

kao123
01-16-2006, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the replies, I didn't think it was possible but it never hurts to ask .