View Full Version : Ebook reader on a Playstation portable?

McDeHack
01-12-2006, 10:08 PM
I recently purchased a Sony PSP. It is a great device with a screen size bigger than my Ipaq that I currently use as my ebook reader.
The question. Does any one know if or how I could use the PSP as a ebook reader?
What format could the ebooks be read in? (.lit would be nice)
Are there any programs that can be downloaded to the PSP for this?

juni
01-13-2006, 07:25 AM
Doesn't the PSP have a web browser? Maybe ebooks in html format would work?

Fishie
01-13-2006, 02:44 PM
Here ya go: http://www.nightmode.org/pixie/

McDeHack
01-14-2006, 10:43 AM
Here ya go: http://www.nightmode.org/pixie/

Thanks Fishie. This looks as if this would do the job. I have downloaded the prog and will now give it a try.
Thanks again.
To Juni, Yes it does have a web browser.

McDeHack
01-14-2006, 03:28 PM
I downloaded the Pixie programe and installed it into my PSP.
I have a new PSP version 2.50. So it seems that this version will not open/reconise the programe.
I have spent most of the morning trying different formula in an attempt to get it to work.
Back to the drawing board... :cry:

tep
01-28-2006, 12:46 AM
Sony doesn't allow 3rd party programs. You would have to install the homebrew ROM I believe.

McDeHack
02-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Sony doesn't allow 3rd party programs. You would have to install the homebrew ROM I believe.

As I mentioned, my version PSP is 2.5. At the present time the 'hack' for this version is only in a beta stage.
I will have to be patent and wait untill I can load homebrew and continue my ebook reading on my Ipaq.

McDeHack
02-11-2006, 03:49 PM
If anyone is interested in the follow up on this thread, I have found a programe that allows books in .txt to be loaded and read on the PSP.
'PSP ebook creator' can be downloaded for free from.
www.parablax.co.uk

DerekAbney
04-28-2006, 05:25 PM
Wow- that's an interesting idea...eBooks on the PSP. I would never DREAM of combining my reading with my gaming. Isn't that some form of sacrilage?

Then again, being able to download tips/cheats and whatnot to reference right on the PSP isn't a bad idea. Loading homebrewed ROM sounds a bit tricky to me however. Anyone know if Sony is planning on releasing an "official" app for ebooks?