View Full Version : WM5 soft-key bar 'Notification' queue manager?

msafi
01-12-2006, 08:38 PM
you know when you have reminders, missed calls, voice mail, SMSs, all queued up in one 'Notification' icon in the soft-key bar of the today screen? that's pretty inefficient because it doesn't let you skip the first items of the queue and jump to later items in the queue. for example, if you wanna see a missed call that's behind an SMS you'd have to click 'reply' on that SMS before you can see the missed call.

it also lacks basic features like dismiss all. the default way that WM5 handles this problem is very limited.

so is there any software that can solve this problem?

p.s. i may be suffering more from this problem because i customized the right softkey of today screen.

JonnoB
01-13-2006, 01:56 AM
p.s. i may be suffering more from this problem because i customized the right softkey of today screen.
that is a good assumption. the right soft key is used to dismiss, mark as read, delete, snooze, etc. many different types of notifications.

JonnoB
01-13-2006, 02:09 AM
so you don't think a program like i described could be useful?
the os already does it - you disabled it by redefining the right soft key

msafi
01-13-2006, 03:29 AM
sorry i deleted the message. i didn't think i described any functionality.

anyhow, what i meant is that, i still feel that the way this feature is implemented isn't the most efficient.

i want a way to see all the items in the queue before i'm forced to make any decision.

can you help me restore my right soft-key function?

in the registry

hkey_current_user/software/microsoft/today/keys/113/

there are two keys 'Default and 'Open', could you give me the value inside each key?

thanks,

msafi
01-13-2006, 03:54 AM
i just remembered. the key 113 wasn't there, i created to customize the soft-key. i just deleted it and everything back to normal.