View Full Version : running task icons on start menu programs

heov
01-12-2006, 09:02 AM
Are there other alternatives to Trancreative Magic Button?

I want an app/task switch that acts just like that, but doen'st cover up the notifications. I understand that I can move that "Home" icon over another notch, but then the bar just looks weird w/ that empty space if there is no notifaction, and I can't find a way to hide the home icon (wich would be ideal).

Any other soluitons? I know pelmar wisbar does this, but it doens't seem to support landscape mode.

Thanks!

PS, i'd prefer free, but i'll look into ones that aren't as well.

Nurhisham Hussein
01-12-2006, 09:10 AM
Wisbar Advance 2 - lots of options, but pretty heavy on system resources. And no, it's not free, but IMHO more than worth the money.

pocketpcadmirer
01-12-2006, 09:19 AM
Wisbar Advance 2 - lots of options, but pretty heavy on system resources. And no, it's not free, but IMHO more than worth the money.

I disagree..running wisbar doesnt gives me a feel of any kind of slowness or sluggishness on my magician as-well-as ipaq 2215.

TO the AUTHOR, there are lot of freewares that let you do this..

1. pocket plus($)
2. battery pack pro($)
3. Handy switcher(very light and uses very less resources)(only $5)

Sunny

Nurhisham Hussein
01-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Sunny, I didn't say it was slow - I said it was heavy on system resources. There is a difference.

FWIW, I've been using WA since it's freeware days, and I paid to upgrade to version 2 and WA Desktop as well. It's almost always the first program I ever install.

Janak Parekh
01-12-2006, 05:00 PM
I want an app/task switch that acts just like that, but doen'st cover up the notifications. I understand that I can move that "Home" icon over another notch, but then the bar just looks weird w/ that empty space if there is no notifaction, and I can't find a way to hide the home icon (wich would be ideal).
You probably know this, but tapping-and-holding the upper-right-corner toggles both the home button and the app list. Most of the time, I keep it hidden, and just use Magic Button to close apps. Works great that way. ;) I also moved the home icon over one notch, and after a few days you don't even notice it.

--janak

heov
01-13-2006, 03:23 AM
thanks! ill look into them