View Full Version : steaming wmv embedded in webpages... how to view?

heov
01-11-2006, 07:58 PM
I think i remember back with my PPC2k2 device, I downloaded a program from MS i think that allowed me to view embedded videos in Pocket IE.

For example, there are a bunch of sites that have embedded WMV files for quck viewing (instead of downloading), and I want to view them on my device agian, but I can't seem to find the program :|

A program for WM2003SE or WM5 will work for me.

Thanks.

Cybrid
01-13-2006, 09:16 PM
I think i remember back with my PPC2k2 device, I downloaded a program from MS i think that allowed me to view embedded videos in Pocket IE.

For example, there are a bunch of sites that have embedded WMV files for quck viewing (instead of downloading), and I want to view them on my device agian, but I can't seem to find the program :|

A program for WM2003SE or WM5 will work for me.

Thanks.For streams the files get downloaded to a temp folder and get played from the buffer. It really saves you little in bandwidth if anything. The process could be worked manually.

Open media player/ tcpmp and input the URL. Both are supposedly capable of HTML parsing. They should be able to extract the video.

I have been able to do that with WMp but had an error in TCPMP. Alternatively you can also get a browser like ftxpbrowser (free) that'll allow you to look at the site code and you can manually find the url.

A more detailed explanation from a more knowledgeable source.
http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&p=311&more=1
courtesy of Menneisys

heov
01-16-2006, 06:39 PM
of course i can copy and paste the url into wmp and stream it that way.

but i really want it to be embedded. i could have sworn such a plugin existed though.

EDIT: I think it was "Media Player Control for Pocket IE".

I can't seem to find it anywhere though ???

Does this work w/ wmp10 and webpages?

Cybrid
01-16-2006, 09:55 PM

but i really want it to be embedded. i could have sworn such a plugin existed though.

Does this work w/ wmp10 and webpages? It did indeed exist. For 2002 devices and quite buggy in that as well.
I don't recall it ever being carried further in development.

Google is our friend. You must ask the great google. WMPCPIE (http://download.microsoft.com/download/winmediaplayer/WMPCPIE/8.01/WCE/EN-US/wmnall.exe)

heov
01-17-2006, 07:53 AM

Does this work w/ wmp10 and webpages? It did indeed exist. For 2002 devices and quite buggy in that as well.
I don't recall it ever being carried further in development.

Google is our friend. You must ask the great google. WMPCPIE (http://download.microsoft.com/download/winmediaplayer/WMPCPIE/8.01/WCE/EN-US/wmnall.exe)

yeah i eventually found it, just haven't installed it yet.

Has anyone tried it on 2003SE to see if it works? I'm gonna give it a go tomrrow and will report back.

heov
01-18-2006, 01:55 AM
nope. no worky on a wm2003se or wm5 device. strangly, when installed on WM5, i get an error msg when i go to a site w/ an embedded stream, saying WMP can't play the file.

on the PPC2k3SE device, I got no such error (it was as if i had never installed it).

oh well.