View Full Version : Set default zoom in notes

nosajeel
01-11-2006, 07:33 PM
I want to set the default zoom in my Pocket PC (Treo 700w running Mobile 5). The print is huge, so I change it my choosing "undo zoom" from the menu. But the next time I sync this setting is undone. Alternatively, I can change the zoom to 75%. But, again, syncing undoes this setting.

Help!

pocketpcadmirer
01-12-2006, 09:14 AM
Its easy..

go to SIP options
go to options tab
select the desired zoom level for writing as-well-as typing

Sunny

Janak Parekh
01-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Its easy..
And that works for the Notes applet in particular? 8O Which SIP are you referring to?

nosajeel: I find that large zoom is primarily to the Notes applet being in "drawing" mode. You can turn off drawing mode and you'll be back to a "sane" zoom. However, I don't remember if that setting sticks.

--janak

Darius Wey
01-12-2006, 04:57 PM
And that works for the Notes applet in particular? 8O Which SIP are you referring to?

All the default SIPs should have that option. You can also get there from Start > Settings > Input > Options.

Modify the "Default zoom level for writing" setting and it should stick the next time Notes is launched.

Janak Parekh
01-12-2006, 04:58 PM
All the default SIPs should have that option. You can also get there from Start > Settings > Input > Options.
8O Wow. That's... nuts! We all learn new things every day. Thanks. :)

--janak

pocketpcadmirer
01-12-2006, 05:16 PM
8O Wow. That's... nuts! We all learn new things every day. Thanks.

These are basic things. I am "really" surprised that u didnt know that !!
Anyway, lets keep things friendly :)

Sunny

nosajeel
01-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Unless I'm missing something, this changes the zoom for ALL the applications on my PPC. I only want to change for Notes.

Most of the applications look just fine. The text in Notes is huge. When I open an individual note I can do "Undo Zoom" from the menu and then it looks just fine. Or set the zoom at 75% and it also looks fine. But this only works for one note at a time and the setting is wiped out when I sync.

And I'm setup for keyboard/text entry, not drawing.

So how to make the Notes look normal by default?

pocketpcadmirer
01-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Hi !! Whatever I've stated only changes the zoom for notes app.
It doesnt effects other apps

Sunny

nosajeel
01-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Maybe this effects newly created notes, but it doesn't change the zoom in my existing notes. And it does change the zoom in messages and other applications.

The problem seems to be in the "undo zoom" and "redo zoom" toggle option, it's set to "zoom" mode which overrides the 100% zoom on text entry mode.