View Full Version : DVD to Pocket PC sucks, DVD Catalyst rocks

Mexico
01-10-2006, 06:53 PM
I had been using DVD to Pocket PC for a while. On November I upgraded to version 3. The program would not run on 2 diff. systems (one of them a brand new Media Center machine). I encountered several bugs that wouldn't even allow me to diagnose the problem. Customer support wasn't of much help. When I asked for a refund (several times) nobody got back to me.

I then proceeded to purchase DVD Catalyst. All I can say is, it works.

I just wanted to share my experience with you all.

Peace,

Mexico

jlc, just jlc
01-11-2006, 02:15 PM
I use it to put videos on my iPOD and PSP as well as palm and PPC devicres. It is stable, affordable and the developer is very responsive. The only complaint I have is it has aproblem with pixelation on B&W TV shows. I still recommend it wholeheartedly.
http://www.pocket-dvd-wizard.com/

pocketpcadmirer
01-12-2006, 05:41 PM
DVD catalyst is a great app..but DVD to pocket pc isnt bad at all. Like you, I'm too a old user of it and if you set the quality settings right, you wont have quality or other issues

Sunny

Mexico
01-13-2006, 07:34 AM
Problem is... I couldn't even change some of the settings; for example, the program would not allow me to deactivate the hyperspeed function, so I was never able to run a test. And, among so many other things, the program would crash more than half the time. It never actually succeeded in converting a file or dvd. But my biggest gripe was with the lack of response, especially when politely requesting a refund. Big no no.

Anyway, I'm happy with DVD Catalyst. :D

Peace!

Mex