View Full Version : Theme Creator

possmann
01-10-2006, 04:19 AM
Can anyone make any recommendations on a utility to create your own themes/background for the 240x240 screen size?

Darius Wey
01-10-2006, 04:29 AM
There isn't a theme creator for WM5 square-screen devices - yet. One will be out shortly.

If you want to create your own background though, simply use some sort of image-editing application such as Photoshop, find a nice pic, downsize it to 240 x 240 (cropping may be necessary), save it, copy it to your device, and then set it as a background either through the Today applet in Settings, or in the Pictures and Videos program (which will offer more control over the transparency level).

possmann
01-10-2006, 04:31 AM
I thought about that - but what I was looking for was more in line to what Microsoft put out about 3 years ago to help users create custom themes...

Darius Wey
01-10-2006, 05:10 AM
I thought about that - but what I was looking for was more in line to what Microsoft put out about 3 years ago to help users create custom themes...

Right, their Theme Creator, which they've apparently stopped supporting. :(

Like I said earlier, a few third-party companies are in the process of creating universal theme creators to support Windows Mobile 5.0, VGA, and square-screen devices. So, it's only a matter of time before they'll be released.

Nurhisham Hussein
01-10-2006, 05:47 AM
In the meantime you can try themebuilder 2003, which requires quite a bit of work, but for the most part should work fine:

http://www.ida.net/users/oe1k/programs/ThemeBuilder/

You can get the registry differences between WM2003 and WM5 in this forum.

possmann
01-30-2006, 08:21 PM
I don't see that this "hack" would support Windows Mobile 5 or the 240x240 screen display - sigh...

Someone is going to make something soon - someday...

PPCMD
02-12-2006, 10:10 PM
For the MAC users like me PocketMAC is working on their update to support 240x240 screen but it will be a few months. I do have an XP box and found ThemeMaker by Kamware but its alot of work.

http://www.thememaker.biz/

Resizing pics isn't fun and you have to do alot to it. Unfortunately PocketThemes also does not have any plans (per their email) to offer 240x240 themes. Too bad.