View Full Version : Problem syncing with Outlook

JesterMania
01-08-2006, 05:06 AM
When I got my PPC, I installed Outlook + ActiveSync on my computer, synced the PPC and installed all the software on it. Then, my computer (PC)'s Windows XP was starting to act up/slow down from all the clutter I had and I decided it was a good time to reinstall. After I reinstalled Windows XP, ActiveSync, and Outlook on my computer, I tried to do a sync with ActiveSync but I get this error message:

------------------

Cannot synchronize with the Outlook profile you are using, because a different profile was previously set up or the profileis password-protected.....

Support code:8503001f

------------------

What "profile" is it talking about and how should I go about fixing this problem? As always, any help will be greatly appreciated. :D

EDIT: After a lot of playing around I fixed it. I had to delete the mobile device in ActiveSync, then do a Hard Reset on my iPAQ, then relink it to ActiveSync again.

tegeus
01-08-2006, 05:43 PM
I had the same problem. Support sent me this message:

In this case, open activesync, and delete the partnership on the desktop. Do the same on the iPaq. (start/activesync, menu, options, and delete the windows PC.) Recreate the partnership. I would first suggest FULLY uninstalling activesync 4.0, and installing activesync 4.1 from www.pocketpc.com

To fully uninstall activesync, got to add/remove programs in the control panel, and uninstall activesync. Reboot the computer, and delete the C:\program files\Microsoft Activesync folder, then install Activesync 4.1

It worked for me.

tegeus