View Full Version : Phone profile software for the Pocket PC - WM5?

Ed Hansberry
01-08-2006, 01:39 AM
I want a phone profile software app for my K-Jam that will let me do 1 thing:

Switch between "all sounds as normal" to "Turn everything off but the alarm" and back. I don't want SMS alerts, emails, MMS messages or anything else to sound, nor the phone to ring (just vibrate) at certain times, but want the alarm/reminder sound to work. As you can imagine, that is about 15 checkboxes to fool with in the Reminders/Sounds control panel.

Any suggestions?

simzz1
01-08-2006, 07:35 AM
Good request Ed.

I would like something like that for my Apache.
One additional requirement though, I do not want the software to be a today screen plugin. I would rather open an app, than have plugins slow down my PPC like previous softwares I have used in the past.

Anyone able to help us out?

Darius Wey
01-08-2006, 03:03 PM
There's JGUI Phone Profiles (http://www.jgui.net/phoneprofiles/index.html). It's probably the only commercial profiles application that I know of for the Pocket PC. No word on Windows Mobile 5.0 compatibility, so you'll have to install the trial version to see for yourself. Also, I'm not sure if it can set different behaviour models for the ring tone and the alarm tone.

I would have heavily tested this app, but E-TEN already included an awesome profiles application on my M600. It's a shame that application can't be used on other phones. :(

Ed Hansberry
01-08-2006, 07:10 PM
yeah, I saw that. if a developer hasn't bothered to test/upsate the app for wm5, i'm not willing to do it for them given wm5 devices have been out for months now.

Jon Westfall
01-09-2006, 04:01 AM
I love PocketConcept's MeetingMute software since it mutes my phone whenever Outlook detects a meeting with certain categories marked. Unfortunately, the developer hasn't released a new update in a few years and the software can be a bit buggy on WM2003 and WM 5 phones (only problem I've had is that the phone volume slider doesn't always return to normal, causing me to miss a few calls when I didn't notice).

Apparently PocketZenPhone is available for WM 5 (http://zendrui.free.fr/) , I don't know if it's customizable enough though as I haven't used it. It looks like it would work, so I'm going to go ahead and plunge the $9 down to see how it works on my K-JAM and Jasjar.

Jon Westfall
01-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Well, here is my followup with PocketZenPhone after 8 hours.

So far it works nicely. The interface is a bit strange, but my scheduled events seem to be working to change from one profile to the next. Every so often they have a beta version out that I assume you could download without purchasing since it's time limited and see how the software works. Unlimited upgrades for life and a $9 price tag aren't too bad though, so I can overlook some of the oddities of the software.

Just a warning- the K-Jam seems to be the device the maker is having the most trouble with, but updates for it are steadily coming along according to the thread at xda-developers.com.

Darius Wey
01-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Just found this, and apparently, it's compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0. Not sure if it can separate the alarms from ringtones though.

http://www.winmobileapps.com/device/pocketpc/plt/plt.aspx