View Full Version : hardware problems. SD slot doesn't function.

chrysoprase
01-07-2006, 08:04 PM
I bought a wireless card for my audiovox 6600. It worked fine for a while, but then suddenly stopped. I noticed that the card was placed into the SD slot incorrectly. After I took the card out, I wondered if the card had been rendered useless. However, when I placed a sandisk memory expansion card into the pocket pc, it wouldn't recognize the card. This is what leads me to believe that perhaps the pocket pc's sd slot is broken. Also, when the ppc is on standby and I place the card in it, it turns on again.

ctmagnus
01-07-2006, 10:51 PM
If the unit turns on when you put a card in it, then the slot likely isn't the problem. Have you tried a soft-reset? A card other than the two you mention? A hard-reset?

chrysoprase
01-09-2006, 12:49 AM
I did a soft reset and a hard reset, to no avail. I have not however used different cards other than the two that I have. what do you think the problem could be? why wouldn't the cards function?

chrysoprase
01-09-2006, 12:53 AM
also, the memory card was recognized by a palm pda, bt not with my pda. My pda still turns on when the card is put into it.

ctmagnus
01-09-2006, 03:29 AM
Do you have a means to format the card? Perhaps in a camera or the Palm you mentioned? If you don't have anything important on the card or you can back up the data on it, I'd try that next. As for the wifi card, I'm not too sure what to think about that.

It may also be that the slot on the Pocket PC is somewhat defective, but that's not what you wanted to hear. ;)