View Full Version : How to force a Handmark pdb onto a storage card?

caubeck
01-07-2006, 01:58 PM
I was given a great dictionary over Christmas, the Handmark "Oxford Spanish Deluxe." It's a fine tool, except that no matter where I install it (main or storage) the .pdb containing all its data always gets put in the main memory, straight into My Device with My Documents, Windows, etc. If it were not 19.781mb I wouldn't care.

The programme won't recognise it if I dump it in the Handmark folder on the SD card. And the file doesn't appear in the registry so I can't change it's path with Resco Registry hacker. What can I do?

I could concede that the programme designers would have made it 100% installable to the card if they could and that's why it isn't, but I could say that about any number of applications which I've been able to change in the past.

Guest979
01-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Maybe you could just make a shortcut?

(That is, move the file to somewhere on the SD card, tap-and-hold on it in the File Explorer, go back to its original location, tap-and-hold on a blank area, choose "Paste Shortcut" - not Paste - and rename the shortcut to whatever the file itself is called.)

caubeck
01-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Just done as you said. It works, thanks!

I didn't know about shortcuts. This may change my life! :)