View Full Version : What's your favorite Wallet App???

Michael G.
01-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Hi guys!

I am finally thinking about taking the plunge and moving all my passwords from a note in Outlook to a more robust program that is made for this sort of thing.

I know eWallet and FlexWallet are two popular ones. I hope that with your advice, I could choose between those two.

I do use my desktop 10x more than my PPC... so the more functionality it has for websites, the better.

Also, I do use Microsoft's fingerprint reader, as well MSN Desktop's auto-fill form feature.

So that's where I am at...!

Any recommendations as I delve into the world of Electronic Wallets??

Thanks!

Mike

Jacob
01-06-2006, 09:23 PM
FlexWallet, Codewallet and eWallet are the "big three" - there are some other apps that work too.

All three have desktop versions so you can lookup passwords that way. I liked Codewallet and eWallet best the last time I tried the three out - codewallet had some features that eWallet just didn't do. However Codewallet ended up being twice as expensive since you have to buy the desktop version seperately from the PPC version where with Flexwallet and eWallet they are bundled for a much lower price.

I personally use eWallet. It's very good - it also allows you to sync between the desktop and the pocketpc.

stevenator65
01-07-2006, 02:25 AM
I've used eWallet and just bought flexWallet. Both are excellent and easy to use. Flexwallet was recently on sale for about $4.95, that's why I bought it.
Steve

MarcFou
01-07-2006, 02:48 AM
I recently became a Flexwallet user and I have to say I am very happy with it. Although I haven't tried anything else, I find the Flex takes care of all my needs. Viewing a products "forum" can be a great resource.

Flexwallet comes with a desktop companion as others mentioned. Its easy and intuitive to use. Syncing is easy and reliable. The wallet file is small and easy to manage - you can add or remove templates also edit them to your specific needs.

True. All of the mentioned applications have these common features. You might want to try the two that appeal to you most and go from there.

I never thought I would need or use an electronic wallet. But each day I am finding more uses for it. Now I cant do without it. I store everything in Flex. If its in my wallet or on my computer, its in my e-wallet. Always available where ever I go.

- sorry for the long post :oops:

Darius Wey
01-07-2006, 02:53 AM
I'm a long-time FlexWallet user for much the same reasons has MarcFou has stated. The latest, 2006, runs great on Windows Mobile 5.0 devices.

Anyway, I suggest checking out this thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45353) where quite a few people talk about the highs and lows of e-wallet programs.

DaViD_BRaNDoN
01-07-2006, 03:51 AM
I vouch for eWallet :mrgreen:

pocketpcadmirer
01-07-2006, 09:52 AM
eWALLET is my favorite too

Sunny

HiQ
01-07-2006, 12:49 PM
As you said you use your desktop more than your PDA, I strongly recommend Roboform, as it has a great desktop app, with auto-fill form and stuffs... check it out.

angler
01-07-2006, 03:37 PM
I use eWallet and I vote it. Great nest category and card. :wink: