View Full Version : How do I sync 2 ppc's to the same computer?

luv2skyski
01-06-2006, 05:54 PM
My wife never uses her Ipaq anymore so I have an extra that I was going to keep in the car. Anyone know how to sync both Ipaq's to the same computer? I want to have the same data on both. Is it even possible? TIA, Dave.

Darius Wey
01-06-2006, 06:02 PM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts. :)

It's as simple as connecting the device. ActiveSync can support more than one partnership (even using the same set of PIM data), but there's a catch. It will only support one connection at a time.

My suggestion is to disconnect your first device temporarily and connect your second one. A partnership wizard will appear, and from there, you can select the relevant data to synchronise.

Following that, you'll have to manage your synchronisations manually. Decide when you want to synchronise the first device and decide when you want to synchronise the second. The ol' switcheroo principle.

Sven Johannsen
01-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Just for your ammusement, I have on occasion had two Smartphones, two PPCPEs and a PPC all sync'd to the same PC and Outlook Data. Not really too tough to keep them all up to date. You can even leave one or two laying on the desk for a couple of days and when you sync it, it will get all the stuff that has changed on the ones you use more. Think about it though, when an alarm happens, I spend 5 minutes responding to all of them. Oh, I have two Spot Watches too, which are sync'd, and alarm. :roll: