View Full Version : Protecting that Beautiful VGA Screen

beckp
01-03-2006, 06:44 PM
I haven't looked at screen protectors for a number of years since I first baught my Tosh e740. At the time most were pretty bad in dulling the screen and sensitivity. Now that I have my new x51v with that glorius screen has the screen protector technology improved? Any recommendations?

Darius Wey
01-04-2006, 02:37 AM
Actually, screen protectors were great back in the e740 days - you just had to pick the right ones. My favourite is Pocket PC Techs' WriteSHIELDs. It comes in two flavours - AG and C2. If you prefer accurate screen reproduction, then the C2 sounds like the better one for you.

http://www.pocketpctechs.com/

OSUKid7
01-04-2006, 03:06 AM
I just ordered the C2 WriteSHIELDs for my new Axim X51v from Pocket PC Techs yesterday. Should arrive Friday. :D I've used them for over a year on my iPAQ hx4705, and it was ages better than retail store branded screen protectors I had ever used before. They do cost a bit more, but it's well worth the cost.

Don't Panic!
01-04-2006, 03:29 AM
I love Writeshields. Clean them bi-weekly and you're golden.

beckp
01-04-2006, 12:27 PM
Thanks Everyone!

Patrick Y.
01-06-2006, 07:14 AM
Boxwave's cleartouch crystal is great too!!! Shiny, durable, and beautiful!!!

beckp
01-06-2006, 12:32 PM
I love Writeshields. Clean them bi-weekly and you're golden.

As far as cleaning, do you mean the protecter surface or remove it from the PDA and clean between the two layers? I would think the first since the two matting surfaces shouldn't get dirty.

Darius Wey
01-06-2006, 01:51 PM
As far as cleaning, do you mean the protecter surface or remove it from the PDA and clean between the two layers? I would think the first since the two matting surfaces shouldn't get dirty.

I think he's referring to the former - that is, the outer surface. For what it's worth, I only ever clean mine once a month. It shouldn't get that dirty unless you use your PDA as a dinner plate.

jayson
01-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Yeah, I just ordered a writeshield for my Dell Axim X51v, and it works great. I like how it is reusable and it has a nice feel to it when you use the stylus. They are my favorite. :D

beckp
01-19-2006, 09:19 PM
I got some for my Axim and my son's iPod. They are very nice but you need to be very clean and percise when installing them. The iPod one is especially hard (30g video model) and the shield covers the entire surface with a cut-out for the control wheel, tolorence for that cut-out is zero.

OSUKid7
01-19-2006, 09:24 PM
They are very nice but you need to be very clean and percise when installing them.
I messed up applying one to my Axim the first time a few weeks ago, and wound up with more than a few noticable problems. Fortunately though, I just used some tape to clean it off, recleaned the screen, and now it looks perfect. So, yes, it does take time to clean it off and reapply, but the WriteSHIELDs are meant to be cleaned and reapplied.

beckp
01-19-2006, 10:24 PM
They are very nice but you need to be very clean and percise when installing them.
I messed up applying one to my Axim the first time a few weeks ago, and wound up with more than a few noticable problems. Fortunately though, I just used some tape to clean it off, recleaned the screen, and now it looks perfect. So, yes, it does take time to clean it off and reapply, but the WriteSHIELDs are meant to be cleaned and reapplied.

Yeah, I had to do the tape trick on my first attempt for the Axim and several times on the iPod. Once installed they are great!