View Full Version : Can't get ppc6700 to end 1x data session!!!!!

Jonny360
01-03-2006, 02:26 AM
I just picked up my ppc6700 from alltel today. Only person in the area to buy a "smartphone (as they described it, including any palm treo, ppc, etc type phone)" in the area so the girl said, "if you have any questions, don't come to me cause we dont' know anything about these." So i got home and started messing w it, signed up for pocket msn and all that. But whenever i use internet explorer or any net feature it stays connected to the #777 number it dials and displays the 1x transfer icon in the top bar. I tried to select the connection and choose disconnect as stated in the manual but it only says connect NO DISCONNECT! Whats the deal here, i'm stumped, so far only way i've found to end the connection is go to the wireless manager and turn off the phone connection then turn it back on. Anyone know how the heck to turn this off without all that hassle?

Also if anyone else has alltel, a question about "mobile web". I signed up for the unlimited text messaging and mobile web feature when i got my new phone. But i'm under the impression that if its dialling #777 and displaying the 1x connection icon thats a data connection right? Then i don't believe thats part of my plan and i'm guessing i'm being charged per kb recieved for that correct?

JD Silver
01-03-2006, 05:10 PM
Hi. To disconnect the PPC6700 from 1xRTT, press and hold the "End Call" (red) button for a few seconds. When you release the "End Call" button, your 1xRTT session will end.

Once you get the hang of it, the 6700 is a great device. You might want to look at SPB GPRS Monitor (works for CDMA too) to help you manage your data usage, and control access using an icon.