View Full Version : Why does this website (not PPCT) shut down my browser?

MPSmith
01-02-2006, 03:02 AM
Everytime I click on or type www.fitness-showcase.com my browser shuts down. It doesn't seem to matter if I use IE or Firefox. Can anyone offer advice about how I can fix this?

I know the website is ok, because I have friends who have successfully visited it.

Thanks

buzzard
01-02-2006, 12:28 PM
Works OK for me.

Guest979
01-03-2006, 01:56 AM
Have you checked if it might be spyware, or anti-spyware misidentifying the site? I didn't see anything on that site that would obviously confuse any sort of content filter I've ever heard of, though.

OSUKid7
01-03-2006, 04:56 AM
It didn't kill my browser (Firefox 1.5 Win), but it slowed it down a whole lot. It could just be the huge number of images and applets on that page. That's a terrible site. :lol: I'm not sure why it's killing your browser though.

MPSmith
01-03-2006, 05:24 AM
Have you checked if it might be spyware, or anti-spyware misidentifying the site? I didn't see anything on that site that would obviously confuse any sort of content filter I've ever heard of, though.

Great suggestion. I should have mentioned that I ran SpyBot S&D on it and Ad aware for good measure. But to no avail!!!

pocketpcadmirer
01-07-2006, 12:50 PM
Works OK for me.

Me too(using mozilla firefox 0.8)

Sunny

MPSmith
01-07-2006, 04:03 PM
It didn't kill my browser (Firefox 1.5 Win), but it slowed it down a whole lot. It could just be the huge number of images and applets on that page. That's a terrible site. :lol: I'm not sure why it's killing your browser though.

I just bought a Bowflex Xtreme 2 for 1/2 price in one of their St. Louis stores last week and posted the deal on Fatwallet. Someone then alerted me to the site. I was wanting to check their site to see if they had any other bargains. Guess that won't happen!!! :roll: