View Full Version : SPB Pocket Plus v3.0

friedshrimp
01-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Does anyone know how to (if possible) get an icon on the Today Panel that shows amount of space left on SD Chip (Storage Card)? I thought I read somewhere this was possible with SPB PP+. Thanks. :D

pocketpcadmirer
01-01-2006, 06:31 PM
ofcourse, its possible

follow these instructions....

(i)go to START>>SETTINGS
(ii)>>SYSTEM tab>>tap on SPB POCKET PLUS
(iii)>>TOOLS>>ADVANCED SETTINGS
(iv)>>enable storage card indicators

Sunny

Darius Wey
01-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Spb Pocket Plus installs a storage card icon in its Today plug-in by default. Have you downloaded the free trial version and tested it for yourself?

Of course, Pocket Plus isn't the only piece of software that will do this. To name a couple, there's Resco File Explorer 2005 and Omega One Battery Pack Pro.

pocketpcadmirer
01-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Spb Pocket Plus installs a storage card icon in its Today plug-in by default. Have you downloaded the free trial version and tested it for yourself?

Nope it doesnt..not on my magician. This is because there *may* be some problems in phone edition models(though I have not experieced so far).. but it still gives the *user* a warning while enabling them. May be there is some problem.

On the other hand, all prior versions of pocket plus enabled the storage card indicators by default
<off-topic>Also it gives u a warning while enabling "repeating alarms support"</off-topic>

Sunny

friedshrimp
01-01-2006, 06:59 PM
(i)go to START>>SETTINGS
(ii)>>SYSTEM tab>>tap on SPB POCKET PLUS
(iii)>>TOOLS>>ADVANCED SETTINGS
(iv)>>enable storage card indicators

Not a viable option. Only gives option for "Enable Repeating Alarms Support". I do understand v3.1 is coming out. Is it that version that has that option?

Have paid for and am running v3.0 since Christmas. Love many of the things it does. To clarify, I have the ability to get the small icon about the Storage Card on the System menu, I wanted to get it on the Today menu with the other LARGE indicators are (Power, RAM, ROM, and Settings). Sorry for any confusion I might have caused. :bangin:

pocketpcadmirer
01-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Well..I'm currently running ver 3.0.4..thats my story mate !!(and it does show an option on my magician)

Sunny

Darius Wey
01-02-2006, 04:47 AM
Nope it doesnt..not on my magician. This is because there *may* be some problems in phone edition models(though I have not experieced so far).. but it still gives the *user* a warning while enabling them. May be there is some problem.

Well, that's interesting behaviour. When you installed v3.0.4, did you uninstall the old version and install the new one, or did you do a direct upgrade? If you did the latter, then your Today plugin will not be enabled by default if you had it disabled in a previous installation.

Darius Wey
01-02-2006, 04:49 AM
Not a viable option. Only gives option for "Enable Repeating Alarms Support". I do understand v3.1 is coming out. Is it that version that has that option?

v3.1 doesn't add anything new on that page.

Have paid for and am running v3.0 since Christmas. Love many of the things it does. To clarify, I have the ability to get the small icon about the Storage Card on the System menu, I wanted to get it on the Today menu with the other LARGE indicators are (Power, RAM, ROM, and Settings). Sorry for any confusion I might have caused. :bangin:

Tap on Start > Settings > System > Spb Pocket Plus. Then in the box, do you see an option called "Today Plug-in"? If so, ensure it's ticked. Then while it's highlighted, select Feature Options, select a relevant tab, tap Items, then in the Indicators category, ensure the Storage Card 1 and/or 2 Indicator option is ticked.

pocketpcadmirer
01-02-2006, 07:06 AM
Well, that's interesting behaviour. When you installed v3.0.4, did you uninstall the old version and install the new one, or did you do a direct upgrade? If you did the latter, then your Today plugin will not be enabled by default if you had it disabled in a previous installation.

Nope I did it on a freshly hard-reseted magician. It may be that the manf has by default made the storage card indicators disabled to avoid 'some' problems in phone editions

Sunny