View Full Version : Phatware Discounts

tregnier
12-29-2005, 01:02 PM
I received the following announcement this AM. It's a great deal.

Dear PhatWare News Subscriber,

We would like to notify you that PhatWare Corp will be having a special one-time only New Year's sale. For 3 days only, starting at 12:01AM Eastern Standard Time on January 1, 2006, all PhatWare software titles will be sold for only $12.95, exclusively from the PhatWare Software store. This offer will expire at 12:01AM Eastern Standard Time on January 4, 2006. After which, prices will return to normal.

This is a unique opportunity to purchase any PhatWare software product for the lowest price ever. To take advantage of this offer, please visit

http://www.phatware.com/softwaresale2006/

If you have any questions regarding this offer, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]

Warmest Regards and Happy New Year,

PhatWare Corp.
www.phatware.com
[email protected]
December 29, 2005

This is a one time offer that ends on January 4, 2006 at 12:01Eastern Standard Time. No exceptions. No late orders will be accepted.

Sven Johannsen
12-29-2005, 03:47 PM
Darn, just upgraded to Caligrapher 8 last night. The upgrade was more than $13. Oh well :roll: Probably pick up an item or two just to have, at that price.

xdalaw
12-29-2005, 09:31 PM
I may spring for a couple myself. I've always been intrigued by the Phat products, but they're just a little too expensive at full price.

I'm considering PhatNotes Professional and PhatPad. Anyone like another of their programs even more?

Sven Johannsen
12-29-2005, 10:05 PM
I'm considering PhatNotes Professional and PhatPad. Anyone like another of their programs even more?

Yes, Calligrapher. Wouldn't have a PPC without it. Between the easily accessible pop-up keyboard, the pen macros, and the exceptional recognition, it's the only SIP I use.

I'm wondering if the prices go for some of their other platform products as well. I would definately pick up PenOffice for the Tablet to give that a whirl.

Edit: Just looked via the link above. The credit card is taking a hit tonight ;)

buzzard
12-29-2005, 11:00 PM
Does Calligrapher have problems with other programs ? I downloaded a trial and it didn't work very well....closed as soon as I opened it, several times. I also have HandNotes loaded but I don't know if there is a conflict.

xdalaw
12-30-2005, 12:38 AM

Yes, Calligrapher. Wouldn't have a PPC without it. Between the easily accessible pop-up keyboard, the pen macros, and the exceptional recognition, it's the only SIP I use.

I'm wondering if the prices go for some of their other platform products as well. I would definately pick up PenOffice for the Tablet to give that a whirl.

Edit: Just looked via the link above. The credit card is taking a hit tonight ;)

I've just downloaded and am demo-ing PhatNotes Standard, PhatNotes, and Calligrapher. Thanks for the suggestion! :D

Nurhisham Hussein
12-30-2005, 12:53 AM
Does Calligrapher have problems with other programs ? I downloaded a trial and it didn't work very well....closed as soon as I opened it, several times. I also have HandNotes loaded but I don't know if there is a conflict.

Not so much other programs as with Windows itself - from what I've been told, the Calligrapher *.dll is rather large, which WM has trouble with occasionally.

Sven Johannsen
12-30-2005, 03:27 AM
I do remember having some issues with Calligrapher and some other large resident programs, Voice Command as I recall. Haven't really had a need for VC before, and have otherwise never had any complaints about Calligrapher. Now that I do have some Phone Edition devices, my interest in VC has increased. Not sure what will win if they conflict. I'm thinking Calli, as the phone already has a voice dial feature, and the novelty of having VC speak my appointments at awkward times will likely wear off. it is fun to say Play Clapton and have it start up MP and take off, but I don't think I'd give up Calli for that.

I must admit that I haven't run any version of Calligrapher on a WM5 device for any time. Ran it on everything from my Jornada to my most recent X50v. The latest version is now installed on my Jasjar, so we'll see.